Camera straps

Glen

Uncle Glen
Name
Glen
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone suggest a padded/more comfortable strap than the standard one with my 350d. It was a bit painfull carrying it on my neck with the 24-105 strapped to the camera all day.

Lowepro Neoprene Camera Strap or the Op/tech range might be worth having a look at.

The optech strap is excellent and very comfortable over the shoulder.
Its makes the camera feel lighter than it actually is, somehow.

How much spondulies we talking (can't bothered to google about to go to sleep)?

Yep... the Optech strap really does lighten the load. :)

Another vote for OpTech here - got two, comfortable, reasonable price (paid approx £15 from Jacobs), have quick release clips, and available in a range of colours to suit your equipment/taste.

heres some details about them : Linky

Cheers people (y) , will have a shop this weekend!!

I think Jacobs are about 15.95 or thereabouts, roughly the same price on eBay.

BTW yes, this is another post glorifying the Op-tech pro strap...it's a godsend...no more having my neck ripped and rubbed to shreds by the Canon strap (y)

Use optech on my bins and would not be without ... class act ! (y)

Still using the branded one with my camera as it is nearly as good ... that's my excuse anyways ... :geek:

I just got the optech strap and to be honest don't care for it. I rarely have the strap round my neck though, it usually just gets hung over my shoulder and I find it really "slippy" when I've got a jacket on, not so bad if it's just a jersey. It's coming off in favour of the canon one which was far more clingy

Now I just have my camera strap tied in a knot with just enough of a gap to slip over my hand onto my wrist.......not hung a camera around my neck for a few years now.

dod said:
I just got the optech strap and to be honest don't care for it. I rarely have the strap round my neck though, it usually just gets hung over my shoulder and I find it really "slippy" when I've got a jacket on, not so bad if it's just a jersey. It's coming off in favour of the canon one which was far more clingy

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I've been a longtime fan of the optech straps and can't say i've had that problem on any of my clothing.

It has enough silcone stuff on the back of it to reseal a bathroom. Walking with the camera round your neck feels soo much better as the strap takes the bounce out and the wider strap spreads the load across a greater area.

I love my strap, and as a bonus I have the webbing pieces on the camera body set small enough to make a comfy hand strap when they are connected together.

digitalfailure said:
Walking with the camera round your neck feels soo much better as the strap takes the bounce out and the wider strap spreads the load across a greater area.
Horses for courses I suppose, I just always find when it's round your neck the strap always seems to get in the way. Far prefer the handstrap, camera's in the right position of your hand all the time ;)

And we're just negotiating the sale of it just now ;)

another vote for the optech
lovely strap

digitalfailure said:
I'm starting to feel like a leper :crying: Don't like optech, don't like ultra wide, don't care for people photography, next thing I'll be buying a Noink :naughty: :LOL:

IanC_UK said:
A Noink ? is that like a badly punctuated pig noise ? ;)

Nope ... it's sekrit language for the best but only smart people know about it ...

... aralpentpy !?!
:p

Stop recommending things you lot - you're costing me a fortune! I wasn't even considering a camera strap, but now I've read this thread, I've just ordered one!

Just sent my better half off into town to get me one, you do realise I'm gonna need a second mortgage soon with you lot :annoyed:

Now proud owner of a Black Optech Pro strap..hehe :D

IanC_UK said:
You wont regret it :) well done to the better half for getting the right one too :)

and she paid for it...must be love:love:

Or you could just do what I do and wear a sweat rag round your neck. Makes you look like Errol Flynn on a good day.
Trust me, I'm a professional...

Well, I have to say that I'm impressed with the Optech strap. I didn't think that there would be a noticeable difference, but there is. It's very comfy, and does make the camera seem lighter :thinking:

Back