camerabox.co.uk - trustworthy?

Cris_L

Take That's Biggest Fan
Name
Cris
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone ever ordered from these guys? Am thinking of getting a new lens from them as they are quite cheap. however someone had told me they were dodgey. anyone got experience of them?

look through the selling section on here, you'll see plenty of us had our cards cloned after using them, not saying it was their fault, just a bit of a coincidence its happened many times

I've used them for my SB600. Didn't have any problems with the order, item or card cloning.

i have a growing list of friends who've used them without problem plus another friend has done some work for them. he fitted their alarm systems on both their older building & the much bigger one they are using now.
he's met & dealt with the MD & described him as "sound" & he has bought from there himself :)
what he did say though is that they are shifting a MASSIVE amount of gear & i reckon in relation to that the ratio of problems is probably very small :thinking::shrug:

I bought a 70-300 AF-S VR from them with no issues other than waiting for stock - they honoured the web price for me as they had gone up a lot between placing the order and delivery (y)

That said have a search in this section for differing views :shrug:

I purchased 2 of my previous lenses from them,and apart from having to wait a week due to apparent christmas backlog (which they informed me of on order) on one of them I had no further problems.

Although their customer feedback is none too good on the store search of this site:

www.resellerratings.com

Used them without any problems.

Used them a couple of times myself, purchase turned out to be a grey import and credit card was cloned shortly after.

2 friends shopped there, but had their cards cloned within 2 weeks. Maybe conincidence, maybe they have up'd their security. Personally wouldn't shop there

I used them to buy my biggest ever camera purchase a couple of years ago, and everything was okay. They didn't send me a filter I'd ordered at the same time (it arrived a month later), and I didn't get the "next day delivery" (4 days), but these problems were minor in comparison. The lens has been superb.

Pile it high & sell it cheap, I guess.

had my card cloned.....

never used it for anything else.

also sent me extra goods that i never ordered charged me for them and had to wait 3 months to get the monies back.

alot of money too for a refund

Glad you are all posting this info - have often thought about using them. Maybe not!!!

I ordered a lens over a week ago, said there was 3 in stock, but my status still hasn't changed from order received and to be processed ! But They've already debited by credit card for money ! Called them today to cancel order, said they would but order status hasn't changed. I'll be onto my credit card company if they don't pay up :razz:

Back