Camo lens jackets

Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone please tell me where i can purchase a Camoflage lens jacket to fit a Nikon 400mm f2.8 please.

I got p!ssed off with that search in Europe so I ordered my two
sets in the US, got them mailed in there too and someone that
was coming to the old world took them along! Was even cheaper!

On the Outdoor Photography site?

For general use all year round in the UK what colourway/pattern is best of the options I see for my 100-400 MkII
Harvest
Brown Grass
Moss

By general use I am thinking ~ in hides, walkabout opportunties & locations e.g. woodland, grassland, heathland, coastal.

TIA :)

For general use all year round in the UK what colourway/pattern is best of the options I see for my 100-400 MkII
Harvest
Brown Grass
Moss

By general use I am thinking ~ in hides, walkabout opportunties & locations e.g. woodland, grassland, heathland, coastal.

Hmm... my stuff's Woodland Green. To my eye the Moss pattern doesn't look as good for breaking up the shape as the other two patterns- I'd pick whichever of the other 2 better matches your local haunts. My understanding is that the pattern's more important than the colours if you're hiding from wildlife. Of course if you're hiding from people...

Harvest
Brown Grass
Moss

I'm not certain any one is better than the other unless you are fully camo'd as well. The lens coat will hide a big white tube being waved around ..... from the wildlifes point of view. My understanding is that birds are more tolerant and happy to accept muted tones whereas other wildlife may prefer more detailed camo. I'm sure more experienced wildlife watchers will offer their thoughts including there I was in my luminous jacket having to change to an uwa to get the stag into the shot [emoji1]

Remember to cover your hands and face if getting/waiting really close, that and movement are the biggest scarers I've found.

Back