Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
...........A pair of matchsticks?
Gotta leave at around 2am to catch a plane, I don't normally :baby: 'till around midnight.
It seems pointless hitting the hay for a couple of hours.
When I was on "nights" many many moons ago, the 1am -2am was right bugger,
(anyone else find that?) once I got through that I was fine, made it worse that I usually had 25,000 L spirit behind me,
not really the time to doze off :nono:
So hopefully there will be a few interesting threads to keep me going for the next 3 hours.....
Or just "abuse me" in this one to keep me on my toes (y)

Where are you going Cobra?

4-5am was the real killer for me on nights :)

Where are you going Cobra?

4-5am was the real killer for me on nights :)

Lapland :woot:
Gonna go dog sleddin' snow-mobilin' kids stuff really :D
The man in Red is also supposed to make an appearance at some point (y)
might even get a chance to take a few pictures as well :D

WOW!! now thats something that'l get u right in the christmas spirit! jealous...me?!:thinking::p

WOW!! now thats something that'l get u right in the christmas spirit! jealous...me?!:thinking::p

:D
2hrs 25mins and counting

Ooooo lucky you seeing the REAL santa :D

That is gonna be sooooooo cool. Geedit...
icon_redface.gif
:LOL:

Have a really good time!
bigwave.gif

With all this time spare to make sure you've got everything it's only natural that you'll remember you left your passport/gas on/etc 5 mins from the airport. There ya go, that'll give you something to worry about for the next hour :D

That is gonna be sooooooo cool. Geedit...
icon_redface.gif
:LOL:

Have a really good time!
bigwave.gif

Cheers Daz :D yep about -12oC and about 18" inches of the white stuff

With all this time spare to make sure you've got everything it's only natural that you'll remember you left your passport/gas on/etc 5 mins from the airport. There ya go, that'll give you something to worry about for the next hour :D

:LOL: Cheers px18 just what I needed to hear :D

Yep between 1am and 2am i was always done in and very irritable, hope i never have to work nights again,extra money was good but I'm convinced it doesn't do your health any good.

Yep between 1am and 2am i was always done in and very irritable, hope i never have to work nights again,extra money was good but I'm convinced it doesn't do your health any good.

Nope none at all, just about to hit 1am Grrrrrr :D

Sleep

Sleeep

Sleeeep

WAKE UP OR YOU'LL MISS SANTA!

Can anyone lend me...

Some flowers

outdoor lighting?

three thread headers in sequence, just made me smile, thats all I must be getting tired

Three, two, one, I'm outta here :wave:

Yep look forward to seeing those pics mate, enjoy :wave:

Missed him lol been to Lapland and done the reindeer sledding, husky sledding, fishing through holes in the ice etc etc, and even met an alleged real Santa, surrounded by completely over tacky commercial poop lol

Apart from the Santa experience (only did it for the then girlfriends 6 year old) i loved everything else about being in the Arctic Circle :) It didnt get light much though lol

And i got to see the Northern Lights so double bonus :)

Missed him lol been to Lapland and done the reindeer sledding, husky sledding, fishing through holes in the ice etc etc, and even met an alleged real Santa, surrounded by completely over tacky commercial poop lol

Apart from the Santa experience (only did it for the then girlfriends 6 year old) i loved everything else about being in the Arctic Circle :) It didnt get light much though lol

And i got to see the Northern Lights so double bonus :)

Well yep we're back!
No Northern lights :( no ice fishing either :(
BUT we did get to meet the real man in the red suit :woot:
go dog sleding reindeer sleding snowmobiles at night through a forrest and other "cold" stuff as well :D
I agree some of it was a little tacky and well over priced but what the hell its (nearly) Christmas :woot:

cobra i am going in the first week in january and do you have any tips about using camera gear. was there enough light and any other tips about keping the camera from condenstaing and things.

thanks

MARK

cobra i am going in the first week in january and do you have any tips about using camera gear. was there enough light and any other tips about keping the camera from condenstaing and things.

thanks

MARK

I think you should get about 5 hrs of "daylight".
The shortest day is Dec 22
The sun never got above the horizon but it was just about light by 10:00 and dark by 14:30 What I did with my camera gear, I took a "cooler" bag and left my camera in that all the time within its own bag.
By taking it out to take the pictures and putiing back in at all other times including in the hotel seems to have equalised the temps, I found no problems with condensation, by doing it this way.
if your "on a package" a lot of things happen when its getting dark or dark, you will really need to get out and about between times to get any half decent natural light
Hope that helps

Back