Can someone offer some advice/ do some work...

• Thread starter Deleted member 3724
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3724

On this photo. I took it on holiday before climbing kilimanjaro... (just to get an idea of what I was in for). I think the basic elements are there but cant seem to make it really stand out.. annoyingly it was taken with a point and shoot due to my D50 being in my main bag in the boot of our minibus (doh!).

kiliid8.jpg

I'm not really very good at PSing this kind of photo... so see what you think guys?

(the original full size is available ici:

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/4194/stp80961bm6.jpg

had a quick play for you with the original, this is best I could manage. There is some haloing just around the edge of the foreground landscape, but basically, it was contrast mask, then lots of jiggling with levels, colour balance, and finally I merged the foreground landscape form the original with the rest of the played with version and this is the result.
Sure someone here could do better though ;)

stp80961bm6editsm.jpg

Had a quick play with levels and selective colouring / sharpening. I don't know what you actually "saw" though?

kiliid8a.jpg

Wow, pretty awesome stuff guys. Thanks. I'm not going to steal others work but now I know there is potential I will have a sit down with it.

Wow, pretty awesome stuff guys. Thanks. I'm not going to steal others work but now I know there is potential I will have a sit down with it.

Feel free to take my effort :D

Just had a little play and it can definitely be improved a lot. Don't really have much time to do anything more with it just now.

Edit --> God you guys are quick!

As Cobra said, we dont know what you originally saw, so we are basically groping in the dark. ;)

Speak for your self LL :LOL:
Cool full size attempt BTW (y)

Back