Can this be true!!!!

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
Pre order Windows Vista Ultimate Full edition for a mere £355 plus £6.50p postage..:eek:

And yes you can only instal it to one PC in your home..:crying:

Is there any wonder piracy goes on..:(

I am all for Microsoft making money but this is just way over the top IMO..:|

Linky here

I think the number of variants is a joke to, people are already fed up with WinXP Pro versus WinXP Home, and now we have all the Vista variants.

I do like Microsoft software - I almost have to as I teach the stuff, but they dont make it easy on their fans.

Dont OcUK have it for £55+VAT? Not the Ultimate edition though.

Yup, way too many versions for me to work out what I'd need though, think I'll stick with w2000 :p

Glad I moved back to Mac. Looking forward to seeing the hardware compatibilty issues when Vista finally comes out.

King.

The Basic version is actually around the same price (or cheaper) than Win XP Home. Interesting...

So other than trawling through the forums why is one version almost £300 more than the basic package..:thinking:

Windows Vista Starter
Windows Vista Home Basic
Windows Vista Home Premium
Windows Vista Business
Windows Vista Enterprise
Windows Vista Ultimate

Make your choice :D although Starter edition might not be available in the UK as its aimed at piracy hotspots;)

Glad I moved back to Mac. Looking forward to seeing the hardware compatibilty issues when Vista finally comes out.

King.

The reviews I have read Vista is working with almost everything..

So it should be at that price..:D

The reviews I have read Vista is working with almost everything..

So it should be at that price..:D

Had a BETA running for a good while, I know it was a BETA but it contained a lot of bugs, crashes and driver conflicts. Had an ATI Radeon X1800XT, X2 64, ASUS A8N SLI motherboard, etc,... drove me bananas trying to get it running. It wasnt that which put me off Windows at all, it was Aperture that lured me back to Macs.

King.

I'm waiting for "New Windows Vista , Ultimate, Best ever yet , Deluxe, Be a hit with the Chicks edition"

£130 for ultimate OEM from OCUK last time I checked.

OEM means you get the disc and the COA with the key on and thats about it, but tbh thats all you need, saves cardboard. Technically you have to buy it with a piece of hardware, but that can be an IDE cable.

:LOL: @ MrG, what about the bugs - and imagine the viruses you might catch :eek:

:D

Had a BETA running for a good while, I know it was a BETA but it contained a lot of bugs, crashes and driver conflicts. Had an ATI Radeon X1800XT, X2 64, ASUS A8N SLI motherboard, etc,... drove me bananas trying to get it running. It wasnt that which put me off Windows at all, it was Aperture that lured me back to Macs.

King.

Yep I downloaded Vista BETA and got my serial key from Mr Gates but only ran it for 3 days because of conflicts/bugs but most of all have you seen the specification you need to run this OS..:eek:

Fortunately I already have a powerhouse system that ran it fine but I see a lot of users having to upgrade their system just to run this program.:(

Its just a great big money spinner increasing Bill Gates bank account even further..:bat:

So they are not supposed to bring any more OS's out then? Or are they supposed to make them cheaper? I don't get the argument. You don't HAVE to buy it!

Thats the problem, you WILL have to buy it.

Unless you stick with your current OS and are happy with it.;)

I must admit XP has worked very well for me and changing always brings more problems..:(

There is still support for Windows ME so support for XP should be around for some years to come yet.:)

XP works fine for me, so I wont be changing till some apps (I NEED) appear which only work on Vista. Same for work, I'll only change the O/S on all the workstations when we need to - either due to a killer app or support runs out.

Besides, its usually best to wait quite a few months till all the bugs have been ironed out IMO.

Must say, for home I'll be considering a MAC next time. Tried Linux a few years ago, but too much hassle at the time.

If I don't upgrade to Windows Bloatware (TM) then I''ll not be able to run any games in DX10.

Vista in itself does not do anything at all for me , that's what applications are all about:bang: . The question is , which version of Vista will I require to run the stuff I've got .

Hmm , 2 copies of vista , 2 PC upgrades and a new laptop to buy just so I can keep The Gates Charity in money.....

I ran the very last Vista release candidate on my machine here, which is a P4 2.8 with 1gb ram and a not exactly overpowered 256mb graphics card, ran fine and dandy, only thing that it didnt like were a coupel of my games. That should be resolved now with the release but expect the odd problem.

If your thinking of running this on a lappie, use a toshiba, as I believe that is the weapon of choice for the techies who worked on it.

So all of the drivers will be sorted for tosh machines.

Back