Can we talk Medium Format cameras?

Fleabay seller has a Yashica D plus a Weston Master V light meter (item 271032425843) and Rolleicord V with a Weston Master II meter (item 271032358149). I got the impression these light meters were quite expensive, so would they boost the real value of these items by much?

Not sure if it boosts the value much, TBH.

I paid £10.50 plus £4 postage for a VGC boxed with manuals, Weston Master V which I am very happy with from ebay, but I think I was just very lucky.

Heather

I paid £10.50 plus £4 postage for a VGC boxed with manuals, Weston Master V which I am very happy with from ebay, but I think I was just very lucky.

Heather

Ah. Thanks, that's very helpful.

Of course, once I've mastered this sunny 16 stuff I won't need a meter, will I???? :help::bang::thumbsdown:

There's an app for the iPhone which was free - last i checked - called Light-meter

Open it up - point at scene - you can tap screen for specific exposure point (i.e sky rather than building) - gives you a reading. You can lock ISO / Aperture / Shutter speed and it will then calculate the respective remaining 2.

Tested it against my D700 and it was bang on the money 9 times out of 10.

The Master V holds its second hand value reasonably well, but the threat of the selenium cells failing always limits its value - they only get older and older, and I'm not sure if the company that overhauled them are still in business.

The II is worth even less - I believe the speed was in Weston, a proprietary speed which needed conversion to ASA/ISO.

I have four medium format cameras, all with multiple lenses and speed grips cost a lot of money when I purchased them. But why did camera makers use foam rubber light insulation. Now they have all gone gooey. Looks like a trip to the council tip.

Seems you like throwing things out without asking if anyone on here would take them off your hands including the 300 out of date films you threw out. Why not just change the light seals on the camera's :shrug:

Back