Can you help me?

lindsayperezphotography

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone!

I am a young creative (15 years old) at and I've been branding and building my work for the last two and a half years. All of my skills have been self taught.

I am trying to get some advice and tips from anyone on anything in general. Or just a chat!

Here is a link to my work lindsayperezphoto.co.uk

Let me know what you think or what you'd change! I'm open to thoughts!

Thanks

Lindsayperezphotography

Just keep doing what you're doing. You say you're a young creative, and that's true. In ten years time you'll still be a young creative, let you're direction find it's way.
Don't be afraid of "Dry spells" when inspiration deserts you (It happens).Look on it as a chance to take a break and regroup.
Any specific issues or problems and there's loads of folk here happy to help.

Just keep doing what you're doing. You say you're a young creative, and that's true. In ten years time you'll still be a young creative, let you're direction find it's way.
Don't be afraid of "Dry spells" when inspiration deserts you (It happens).Look on it as a chance to take a break and regroup.
Any specific issues or problems and there's loads of folk here happy to help.
Wasup Graham,

Thanks for your kind words man if really means alot. Yeah dry downs suck I know what you mean sometimes it is best just to put the camera down and take a break.

Thanks again man

This is the third thread in a row I've looked at in the "New Posts" section where you've posted almost the exact same thing. I know you're just looking to share your work and want opinions of others, but just make sure it doesn't turn into spamming.

I think you have a good portfolio and will no doubt you will do well.

This is the third thread in a row I've looked at in the "New Posts" section where you've posted almost the exact same thing. I know you're just looking to share your work and want opinions of others, but just make sure it doesn't turn into spamming.

I think you have a good portfolio and will no doubt you will do well.
Yes just looking For a chat and some help.

Yes just looking For a chat and some help.
Keeping it all in one thread enables a conversation, shotgunning across multiple threads gets in the way of a conversation - and can turn people off engaging with you if it means having to track the same discussion over multiple threads.

Will, you may need to be a little patient too. Sometimes this forum can be so busy it's more like a chatroom, but sometimes we're just all at work or busy working so you may not get much of a reply for a while. Be patient & we'll be back.

Good job.
Just keep doing what you like, don't listen to anybody. Well, take into account some criticism if it's reasonable but never be upset about it.
Good luck!

Hey everyone!

I am a young creative (15 years old) at and I've been branding and building my work for the last two and a half years. All of my skills have been self taught.

I am trying to get some advice and tips from anyone on anything in general. Or just a chat!

Here is a link to my work lindsayperezphoto.co.uk

Let me know what you think or what you'd change! I'm open to thoughts!

Thanks

Lindsayperezphotography

Very nice work. The strongest stuff is definitely the staged images created with people of your own age group. The candids are fine but less successful. Perhaps get out and do some street photography?

Something which has helped me when shooting is to ask myself
  • What message does it convey?
  • Who is it for?
  • Who would buy it?
If it's just for you then ask
  • Why are you creating it?
  • How does it fit into your existing body of work?

Very nice work. The strongest stuff is definitely the staged images created with people of your own age group. The candids are fine but less successful. Perhaps get out and do some street photography?

Something which has helped me when shooting is to ask myself
  • What message does it convey?
  • Who is it for?
  • Who would buy it?
If it's just for you then ask
  • Why are you creating it?
  • How does it fit into your existing body of work?
Thanks man!! Good pointers to think about

Lidsay ... not sure if you are still monitoring this old thread ... but was looking at your web site / blog today.

One thing I would suggest especially if you are looking at this as a commercial / professional venture is you really need to proof read your text. There are some simple but bad mistakes in spelling as well as some of the sentences don't make complete sense with bad use of grammar. It can be difficult I know (and heaven knows I'm no where near perfect in my grammar and spelling). If needs be enlist a friend to help.

(Sorry hope this isn't coming across as nit-picking / too school teachery)

Lidsay ... not sure if you are still monitoring this old thread ... but was looking at your web site / blog today.

One thing I would suggest especially if you are looking at this as a commercial / professional venture is you really need to proof read your text. There are some simple but bad mistakes in spelling as well as some of the sentences don't make complete sense with bad use of grammar. It can be difficult I know (and heaven knows I'm no where near perfect in my grammar and spelling). If needs be enlist a friend to help.

(Sorry hope this isn't coming across as nit-picking / too school teachery)
Thank you for letting me know such a small issue with big impact !! Ill get it fixed

Back