South-West England CANCELLED Anybody interested in a shoot at a Falconry centre?

And I will be distancing, so please no-one be offended if I won't come near anyone.
I wasn't a people person before all this - definitely not one now.......... ;)

My Sister-in-law & Brother-in-law are the ultimate on social distancing, they live on a narrow boat cruising the canals of England, only ever "meeting people" when they go shopping, or top up with fuel & water !!!

They're actually planning on staying with us at the end of the month, if the rules allow it.

Right, all booked for an 11.00 start on October 4th.

Please bring cash as I will be paying up front beforehand.

Address is:
Mere Down Falconry
Manor Rd,
Mere,
Warminster
BA12 6HS

Manor Rd is easy to miss, as you come into the (very) small town centre, it's opposite the George Inn & the small Clocktower. Just follow it all the way over the A303 and up to the big farm yard on your right. Turn into the fam and the Falconry centre is right opposite you between the barns.

Watch out for the tractors!!

If you need directions give me a call, I'll PM you my mobile.

See you on the 4th !!

Landies usually are!

Just had a look and it's simple enough. If you go past the car park you've missed the turn so take the next left and double back through North St? I'm good at missing turnings.......... :)

Depends which way you are coming in? (there are car parks at both ends!).

Coming from the west. I'll bring my satnav..........

From the west you'll go past the car park on your right, and turn left at the George INN. It's a very narrow road at that point, and a tight turn too.

Was there today, at least it we can be socially distanced. Let's hope for the weather on Sunday....

Weather forecast for the weekend according to BBC shows >50% chance of rain (Saturday complete washout), I’m in 2 minds whether to chance it given it’s a 200+ mile round journey.

I don't think that the worlds greatest optimist would say there is a good chance of fine weather in Mere tomorrow at the appointed hour:
50410063268_eae7672335_c.jpg

I'm not waterproof and my Sony gear most certainly isn't so at this stage I would have to say most reluctantly that I'm out.

Well I've spoken to Allan this morning and he has suggested we cancel. Shame as I was there on Tuesday and I took some lovely portraits.

He's considering "shutting down" over the winter, so I'll have a chat with him regarding another date, but I think it may be early Spring before we get another chance.

Thank you all for your interest.

That's a shame but not entirely unexpected. The forecast was looking hopeful yesterday but by the time I looked this morning someone had pressed 'recalc' on the Met Office computer :(. I'm definitely up for a rearranged visit whenever it is.

Well I've spoken to Allan this morning and he has suggested we cancel. Shame as I was there on Tuesday and I took some lovely portraits.

He's considering "shutting down" over the winter, so I'll have a chat with him regarding another date, but I think it may be early Spring before we get another chance.

Thank you all for your interest.
Thanks for the update Steve, and thanks for doing the organising. I'm looking forward to meeting in better weather.

If this goes ahead again at a future date. I would be very interested in coming along.

Back