CANON 100-400L

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All
A question to all you people with this lens,when you have it fixed on your camera have you any movement between body and lens ?. What i mean is if you hold the lens in one hand and the body in the other ,is there slight movement as in twist between the two.
I have just been informed that this is an exceptable feature with the lens,the company looking at it have said the lens is mint condition,but i dont have this on any of my other lenses.
Could you please check yours out and let me have your comments.

thanks folks:shrug:

That doesn't sound right to me :nono: I'll check mine out this evening and let you know but I don't ever remember feeling any movement like you describe

Perfectly normal. The 100-400L isn't a weatherproof lens - those have a rubber seal on the rear of the lens which makes the join somewhat tighter, but even then it's still possible to move the lens slightly.

Just normal working clearance I'd say - go buy the lens. ;)

Just physically checked mine and yep -there's a bit of play but never had any problems with the lens at all.

Thanks CT ,iv'e already bought it and sent it straight to fixation:crying:

I think all my lenses have a tiny bit of play

I can only say the same,my one has a little play also

Don't forget the 100-400L is a heavy lens and the larger and heavier the lens, the more the play will become apparent. It's still there with smaller lenses like the 50mm but you have to actually go looking for it. :)

Never let a heavy lens hang unsupported on the camera- always take the weight with your hand under the lens. The amount of reinforcement around the camera lens mount gets tougher the more you pay for the camera, but even with 1 Series bodies, there's a limit to how much abuse it will take.

Yup, check it out on mine and there is a little play there. I just never noticed it before

An engineering back ground just makes me question things,especially when then cost as much as 3 months beer supply.:naughty::beer:

Back