Canon 1100D Owners Thread

Well Friday brought a busy day for me, two jobs in the space of 2 hours.

Taking a photo for the Local Paper at 2.30pm then onto Sleafords Oktoberfest to do the photos again for the Friday and Sat and again, the Newspaper want some, quids in!

Who said you cant make money with a 1100d. :)

This was at 1600iso so im very happy with the the fact that there is no noise, even at 100%.

The Sigma is a totally stunning lens, the sharpness of the photo on 100% is astonishing.

Anyway, two simple shots but the singer loves them, one of him in song and the other while warming up and having a cheeky grin.

henry1.jpg

henry2.jpg

love it the camera, love the lens, all photos taken in manual mode though

Last edited:
That's a great pic of the squirrel and the singer :) Took a few pics of some rc car racing at the weekend so will try and get a couple up soon :D

Last edited:
thanks! was really pleased how sharp the image came out, iso 1600 too! not a spot of noise even viewed at 100 percent. :-D

well i recieved my 1100d body on monday and the 18-55mm lens turned up today and im very happy with both items.

unfortunatley the weather is terrible hear

first pic on full auto dont laugh please:)

016.jpg

cheers

bleddyn

While I'm here what settings do people use while doing panning shots as I can never seem to use a shutter speed which is slow enough to blur the background yet keep the car in focus :( What AF do you use? AI FOCUS/AI SERVO?

Ive just got my 1100D i got mine from Tesco £329 and and if you spend over £300 and get £30 off too was good deal!

Chriscooke said:
While I'm here what settings do people use while doing panning shots as I can never seem to use a shutter speed which is slow enough to blur the background yet keep the car in focus :( What AF do you use? AI FOCUS/AI SERVO?

I use 1/250th, F4 (depending on how much light there is) and AI Servo

Thanks for that :) Do you use a tripod/monopod or hand hold the camera? I think I need to work on holding the camera steady while panning.

stunning sunset on wednesday night, straight out of the camera shots, no processing

sun1-1.jpg

sun2.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing shots of the sun, I'm still lookin out for a evening here in Belfast where I can try and get a decent shot of the sun!

thanks, i am just well happy that no processing was done to get it to look like that, far too much emphasis on post processing now rather than getting a good shot in the first place.

decided to get it on a canvas for my living room wall. :)

Yea it even better that there no processing! Great natural shot :) and good call will look great :)

For moving objects use AI Servo and give the camera time to lock on the car.

Best wishes, Mark

Did you use any filters for the sunset shot? Guessing you used the screen rather than the eye piece while shooting the sun?

For moving objects use AI Servo and give the camera time to lock on the car.

Best wishes, Mark

Cheers mark :) I've said it before but I think plenty of practice is in order.

no filters. just my big 500 and straight from the memory card. love the lens.

was shot at 340 focal and 500 focal.

use the eye piece, im not one for listening to health and safety, Haha, i just squinted in the direction i needed then went from there taking about 20 shots at different lengths, i wouldn't advise anyone else to look through the eye piece with a 15 lens let alone a 500.

i am just known as Mr health and safety by my mates. Haha

Well i have been asked to be Rising Sun Racing's photographer so i went to Mallory park for the last race of the season and took a few of the various races going on and the motorcross

Our man and the Championship winner Paul Hinson

rsr1.png

Untitled.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

Untitled-4.png

IMG_2033.jpg

And our other car

Untitled-7.png

Happy 1100 owner right here. Had about a year, now looking at setting simple small studio in my garage. From near Leeds:wave:

Two randoms fom a photoshoot i did today, young kids so they were really well behaved actually.
And the parents loved the memory unit and cd i gave them so everyone was a winner today which is always a good outcome!

kids1.jpg

kids2.jpg

kids3.jpg

kids4.jpg

kids5.jpg

kids6.jpg

Last edited:
cheers fella, the parents were happy and i was happy with the outcome along with being paid . Haha

all straight out camera too in no photoshop wizardry so rather happy

thanks Matt! :)

link to our Facebook page if you want and follow us , regular updates of work and previous work on there mostly.

some modeling work to be done after Christmas which should be interesting. :)

Hi All,

Just purchased my first DSLR today which was the 1100d, using a variety of voucher codes and cashback managed to get it for £254 from PC World so I'm more than happy!

Looking forward to being able to contribute to this forum however don't expect much in the way of decent photos.

LFC383

Hi All,

Just purchased my first DSLR today which was the 1100d, using a variety of voucher codes and cashback managed to get it for £254 from PC World so I'm more than happy!

Looking forward to being able to contribute to this forum however don't expect much in the way of decent photos.

LFC383

good luck to you mate ive taken nearly 500 shots with mine and i aint got nothing worth keeping/showing its not the camera its the idiot thats trying to use it.
im sure you will crack it mind(y)

bleddyn

well i love well i certainly love my 1100, my friend who will be coming into business with me on wedding side of life has the old 20d and is looking at cameras like the 7d , but then says how great these shots came out so begs the question of better camera always make better results? Haha

i know someone with the 550 and they also love that camera, i would say that and 1100 feel very similar so its if you think the 18mp is worth the extra money.

personally i print 20x30 inch prints for my customers, and that is pretty hefty size! :)

Hi All,

Another 1100D owner, bought this a few months ago as my first SLR along with the 18-55mm lens and the nifty fifty from Jessops as a package deal. I have since added the Canon 55-250mm lens.

Here are some of my images.

Carol

Sparkle Fun by MrsR66, on Flickr

Autumn Bracken by MrsR66, on Flickr

Castle on Loch an Eilein by MrsR66, on Flickr

Back