Canon 1200D

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
No
Returning to photography after a long illness, which has left me unemployed at present, I have managed to scrape up enough cash to purchase a Canon 1200D with a 50mm and an 18-55mm for the bargain price of £110, I have always used full frame ( 1DS and 5D) but as funds are tight this will have to do for now, I would appreciate some views on this particular camera !

The setup you have bought is capable of creating great images. if your kit lens is one of the later ones it will be much better for image quality than most people realize. I know someone who creates some great astro photography with a similar setup to yours. There is also a guy on here who uses a EOS1000D & 18-55mm kit lens to create great pictures of model cars. (Amarus-model cars ).

Take as many pictures as you can, practice, practice and practice more to improve your creativity. Practice seeing and capturing images and you will begin to see a picture where most people see nothing creativity. The more creative you become the less you will find yourself running out of ideas.
If a picture is truly good, nobody cares if it was taken on a 10, 15 or 50MP camera.

To show that having a great camera gear does not guarantee great images just take a look at some of the pictures in the Official Talk Leica Thread Official Talk Leica thread.

Knowing how to use a camera gives you the tools to take a picture, creativity however allows you to make a picture.

Last edited:
Back