Canon 1d mkII (n)

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Everybody keep very quiet...ssssshhhh...
Tonight I'm trying to talk my Mrs into letting me get the above from Jessops 12 months interest free credit. £2,225 :nuts:

She's thinking about it :bat:

Good luck mate. (y) Bloody good price too!

Shuuuussshhh up the back, good luck :)

I've managed to do it and now I looking at a second body to replace the 20D :)

Good luck :bang:

Boy this is hard work :eek:

The deal is cold turkey on the fags, no spending money on booze, sell the 350d and all my bass gear.

Anyone want to buy a Trace Elliot AH350SMX bass amp head?
Or a Warwick Fortress 5 string bass (left handed :( )...
Or a 350d with battery grip and 2 batteries?....anyone?...please?
Sweety please? :LOL:

harsh dude, having to sell the axes....havent you got any kidneys you can do without?

negotiate on the booze (y)

Well you should kick the fags anyway - so should I ... but the bass stuff? :cautious:

Gonna cost ya matey ... you may not know how just yet but ... be assured it IS going to cost ya ... :LOL::LOL:

:p

he's went quiet, wonder if he's okay :shrug:

<walks in quietly>
Bachs cold turkey on the fags is the best way, have plenty of sugar free gum handy. It works trust me I packed the fags up nearly five years ago.

Good luck with the rest (y) (y)

he's went quiet, wonder if he's okay

he must be in deep negotiations
<walks out queitly>

UPDATE: It's looking promising!

I've just got to negotiate around the no sex thing but if it comes down to it, the camera is more important.

I got to play with one last Sunday and it's better than sex anyway.

Bachs said:
UPDATE: It's looking promising!

I've just got to negotiate around the no sex thing but if it comes down to it, the camera is more important.

I got to play with one last Sunday and it's better than sex anyway.

This is lookin grim:

No Sex
No Booze
No Fags (no worry)

I think you best apply for another credit card and not tell her. Buy the 1D and say nothing. Quietly sell the current camera. If she notices the 1D deny all knowledge and claim it's the one you've had for some time. If she comments on the sudden change in the quality of the photos just say practice make perfect. And so on (y)

The deal is........sell all my bass gear.

This probably isn't what you want to hear but it's not worth it. I've been there and done that before (all my own stupid idea mind) and it remains pretty my only ever regret.

The 1dII is a great piece of kit but will it really open up enough oportunities that you can't shoot with the 350 to justify such a loss.

Something that might be worth mulling a bit is a used 1Ds, I was looking at some prices today and they can be had for about the £1k mark. It's still a great camera and may give you enough to feel it's a big enough step in the direction you want without such a big sacrafice.

Just my 2p's worth.

Oih, keep it down. sshshhhshhshshshshshshh.

dazzajl has a very good point.
Have a look at the 1D's its a piece of kit that you won't part with once you own it, and it has full frame 11mpix.

The bass gear is not a problem, it's been in the attic for 4 years since I moved up here and I'm very unlikely to join another band.

The Jessops deal sews it because of the 12 months interest free credit.
She's slept on it and it's the moment of truth any time now.
I have to balance the 'yes' against the inevitable hassle every time she has a bad mood and throws back at me how selfish I am.

Everyone has their dream and mine isn't a Ferrari or a speedboat so I don't know why I'm feeling so bad about it.

The 'no sex' bit was of course a joke ;) :)

Given that the sex leads to more expensive productions I'd still trade it for the booze :p

The bass gear is not a problem

In that case, about that Trace Elliot....;)

Hi Steve, it will be nice with that 17-40 your having for Christmas. Or is that not on now you having the Mk 2n.

:LOL: Ordered this morning from Jessops in Aberdeen.

As per usual for Jessops (in my experience) none in store and non in warehouse. They were ringing round other stores and getting one to Aberdeen which could take 1-1.5 weeks.
They can't instigate the credit agreement until they have the camera in-store, but reckon in light of recent financial transactions I shouldn't have a problem with the credit check.

Ash...yes the 17-40 is still earmarked for July payday.

I got this camera ordered just in time.
2 hours after leaving the store, my wife rang me to tell me she's expecting again :D

Off to buy lottery tickets tonight as I'm feeling lucky!

Wooo Hoooo!!! Its all happening round at your place isnt it, lol!
Congrats on the impeding purchase & the expectant fatherhood.
Hope your luck holds out & you have better luck with Jessops credit than I did.

Congrats!!!! (y)

Good news on the camera too.

Congratulations - on both bits of good news;)

(y)

Congrats on both counts. You're gonna love that camera

Nice one Bachs.. You will love the 1DMkII mate..:)

Jessops called today. (thats a first for me!)

They will have one in stock on Tuesday.
Only when it's in-store can they try for the 12 months interest free credit.

I'm kakking it in case it doesn't go through.
If it doesn't the Mrs (paymaster general) said she'll put £500 dabs away every two months for it.

She's relented on a few of the conditions too.
I can keep the Warwick bass as it's left handed anyway and at least I could still play at home through Cubase.

She even said keep the 350d!

The only thing I'm now selling is the Trace Elliot AH350SMX Bass Amp.

I've stopped the booze already and will stop the fags as soon as the camera is in my hand.

I also bought a book from my photography book club called 'Making money from photography in every conceivable way'...I think I'm gonna need it :LOL:

Back