Status
Not open for further replies.

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Its around 5 weeks off march and supposedly released in march.. anyone heard anyhting.. know anything.. i have googled but nothing much out there... would have thought this close there would be more release date info as apposed to anytime over a 4 week period

Last I heard from Jim was bak in December. Proper test (for those who put their names down at the Pro Solotions event) is to be carried out end of next month.
Also on that email...For priority purchase, please ensure you place a deposit at your preferred EOS Professional Centre and email Jim with your order details. Your order will then be prioritised and once stock comes in, the order will ship in the normal way. If He doesn't receive confirmation, He cannot give your order priority.

I heard they were having a few battery problems but who knows what the truth is.

This is all news to me and I am a PLATINUM member.. just checked.. ends end 2012 platinum... sigh :(

Ivan if I email Jim and tell him I want one he will advicse the above then?

I ahve fired a message off to frankie jim...

Yes Tony. I was told to place an order with my preferred canon professional outlet (like Calumet) and email him proof of deposit. He will then prioritise the order.

I for one will be morning the loss of the 1.3x crop body :crying:, but at least if this freak of nature is released :thumbsdown: (sorry sports tog) then at least the used prices of the IV will come down so there is a plus (y)

Does anyone know what level of stocks the resellers will have or have available to them.

I'm looking to buy one in March but didn't think I'd have to put my name down for one.

Cheers

Trevor

I ahve fired a message off to frankie jim...
I still get the CPS newsletters and Frankie Jim says they are busy sorting out slots at Elstree for the imminent recalls, youre is booked in for April 22nd to fix the dodgy AF, All recalled bodies will also receive the free high ISO upgrade consisting of a hotshoe mounted torch and 2 AAA batteries, its beleived the torch is actually manufactured by Canon themselves so as a back up for when this goes tits up the recall repair will also include 2 free candles and a box of Swan Vestas

1d.gif

Last edited:
I for one will be morning the loss of the 1.3x crop body :crying:, but at least if this freak of nature is released :thumbsdown: (sorry sports tog) then at least the used prices of the IV will come down so there is a plus (y)

1D4 is not discontinued, only the 1Ds3.

gary... you should have said 1st april really? :)

no response from frankie yet.........

I have just received confirmation from CPS rep Frankie Jim that my order for the 1Dx from Mifsuds has been prioritised:D

Just need to hope the launch is not delayed by too much. I am counting on it for the beginning of May.

it took a couple of days but i got a response and an explanation on how to get prioratised..

so i need to get a depost down on one.. now the wobbles set in.. i hate spending all that mony.. i did.. i have 15k of equipment in two bodies and two lenses.. ... but its a scarey strain thinkign about it.. and actually doing it... need pushing :) stupid money..

it took a couple of days but i got a response and an explanation on how to get prioratised..

so i need to get a depost down on one.. now the wobbles set in.. i hate spending all that mony.. i did.. i have 15k of equipment in two bodies and two lenses.. ... but its a scarey strain thinkign about it.. and actually doing it... need pushing :) stupid money..

I know what you mean Tony.... We used to have a saying which the acronym was JFD... "just f****** do it" :D

It's not too bad if you don't think too long about it, for me it was a bit of a no brainer as it was the camera of my wish list. Time will tell if it lives up to specs. I was wanting a mix of my 1Ds3 and 1D4, here's hoping it is or I have made a huge mistake.

Well I had two bodies on pre- order but, after the 1DMKIII fiasco (went through 4 bodies until I found the one that worked) and 1DIV (again had to "test" 3 bodies) I think I've done enough "beta testing" for Canon.

At well over £10K for the two bodies, a severe case of cold feet has taken residence and so, I have decided to cancel. I think it will be better to wait this one out and see how things map out before I spend that kind of money again.

I've heard of the battery issues too. I'm sure it will mean a little delay.

From what I've read it is expected that the NDA embargo on RAW images will expire on 7th Feb & that April is the expected shiping now.

Take this with whatever grain of salt you wish.

Canon Museum details of the 1Dx (funny that it's in the museum)..

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/tech/report/2012/01/

LOL Sarah - you will be trailing one. Will you be walking behind it :D

I have just received confirmation from CPS rep Frankie Jim that my order for the 1Dx from Mifsuds has been prioritised:D

Just need to hope the launch is not delayed by too much. I am counting on it for the beginning of May.

what deposit did mifsuds require.? if ya dont mind me asking :)

I'll be trailing one at London fashion week I'll let you know how it goes

Hi Sarah,

A mate of mine shoots at fashion week, I know Canon have a presence there & do minor repairs, sensor cleans etc. & also loan gear out to CPS members. Do you know if they will have any 1Dx's for loan to snappers generally?

If they have I'm sure he'll be able to cadge one (he could charm the hind leg off a donkey if he wanted to :LOL:).

I'd be interested to see what they perform like in the real world, it's all very well Canon & their beta testers "Big Upping" the camera but I take more notice of people with less of a vested interest. Certainly looks good on paper though.

I'll be seeing my mate later today, I'll get him primed & ready. :LOL:

Cheers,

Stew.

what deposit did mifsuds require.? if ya dont mind me asking :)

Tony,

I used my 1Ds body as deposit so cannot really say what cash deposit they require. I am guessing, but I would have thought £100 would be sufficient to show intent.

I am hoping the IDx is not late as I need to use a FF 1D body in May and have committed the 1Ds before that.

I would drop Mike a line at Mifsuds to info@mifsuds.com and ask him what deposit he would think reasonable. I was going to order the 1Dx and sell the 1Ds afterwards but decided it was more economical to do it this way.

Last edited:
I had more thought aftre posting and did indeed email them.. woke to a response this morning and exactly as gary says.. £500

I had heard others for elsewhere saying 1k .. dont know who or where its just a memory :)

I had more thought aftre posting and did indeed email them.. woke to a response this morning and exactly as gary says.. £500

I had heard others for elsewhere saying 1k .. dont know who or where its just a memory :)

That is quite a lot of money sitting idle for possibly 8 weeks or more. It is worth it to have it early if you need it. I rather think they will be in short supply from the launch till after the olympics or beyond.

That is quite a lot of money sitting idle for possibly 8 weeks or more. It is worth it to have it early if you need it. I rather think they will be in short supply from the launch till after the olympics or beyond.

exactly my thoughts.. rather it was in my account then theres.. however I do want one as soon as... i think it wil kill me knowing others have them and showing pics and me waiting for stock :) it will gte used.. i will require one so once the decision made may as wlel go for early...

KIPAX.
Keep in mind this camera has a brand new AF system (and we all know what happened the last time Canon introduced a new AF concept *cough* MKIII*cough*)
It is for this reason that I am going to wait until I get that invitation from Jim to test the beast properly (he said end of Feb)... If the camera performs to my satisfaction, I will put the order through. But , as it is, Canon has burned my hands twice and I am not going to let them do that a third time!. I refuse to be their "beta tester" one more time!.

Go for it Tony...if you are going to get one eventually you may as well have the benefit from the beginning... best of luck with the decision.

its well documented on TP the trouble i had with the mkIIIs ... Two of em.. it took me ages wiht the mkIVs to get used to not having to take multiple shots of everyhting "just in case"

as I am only geting one 1dx as its not a good upgrade for long distance work (cricket etc with the 400mm) am gonna take the chance that they learnt from the past.. I think if this was as big a croc as the mkIII it would kill them off..

Well, in all honesty I was lucky with he MKIII... That is, the first body which was faultless.
Encouraged by this, I took on another body and oh boy did I get well into problems with that one... and 3 others that replaced it (eventually I did get a working copy).
I had a similar experience with my MKIV, it took 3 bodies to find the working copy.
So, this time, I am just going to keep on the cautious side and wait to see how things pans out.
Still, if you can afford to take the risk then go for it. Keep us informed (y)

Last edited:
its well documented on TP the trouble i had with the mkIIIs ... Two of em.. it took me ages wiht the mkIVs to get used to not having to take multiple shots of everyhting "just in case"

as I am only geting one 1dx as its not a good upgrade for long distance work (cricket etc with the 400mm) am gonna take the chance that they learnt from the past.. I think if this was as big a croc as the mkIII it would kill them off..

That's what I'm thinking, also with the knowledge that we know Canon can do it, just that with the 1D3 far too many samples couldn't...

Early 1DX samples will surely be as good as they possibly can be. Won't they? We're going straight into the Olympics and it would be unbearable for Canon if all the best pics were shot on Nikon :eek: I don't know about Canon, but Nikon has over 80 support bods attending. It's a huge showcase event for both.

If it was my money, not sure what I'd actually do. Prolly try and get a 1DX, but keep my other 1D3/4 bodies - not that I've got any! LOL Sitting on the sidelines is much more comfortable (see what I did there?).

If it was my money, not sure what I'd actually do. Prolly try and get a 1DX, but keep my other 1D3/4 bodies - not that I've got any! LOL Sitting on the sidelines is much more comfortable (see what I did there?).

unfortunatrly one idmkIV has to go to help pay this.. maybe even a lens.. i love all my lens they are perfect..but the least used might suffer :(

unfortunatrly one idmkIV has to go to help pay this.. maybe even a lens.. i love all my lens they are perfect..but the least used might suffer :(

:( On the other hand, chances are it will be friggin brilliant! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back