canon 1dx a bit quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camera is coming tomorrow. Frankie broke the bad news on availability to me today. Unlikely to secure one till after the olympics now.

I pre ordered a couple of months ago. For me I've now been told start of August if I'm lucky :(

Might as well have bought a 5diii when it was released then sold it on in the winter for a dx. :bang:

Camera is coming tomorrow. Frankie broke the bad news on availability to me today. Unlikely to secure one till after the olympics now.

Did I miss something here as the first sentence contradicts the second two.

Is it coming tomorrow or after the Olympics?

Ah thanks.

A friend told me of a camera shop with an unclaimed dx.

What I don't get is why the ordering system was done in such a way that this could happen, if closer to the delivery date the balance was settled you wouldn't have some unclaimed which could be going to sort other ore orders.

Ok for a bit of fun - here is my guesses on the future prices of the 1Dx at WEX.

1st Dec 12 £4999

1st Marc 13 £4899

1st June 13 £4699

1st Sept 13 £4599

1st Dec 13 £4599

Anyone else want to play?

1st Dec 12 £5199

1st Marc 13 £5099

1st June 13 £4999

1st Sept 13 £4899

1st Dec 13 £4899

Ok for a bit of fun - here is my guesses on the future prices of the 1Dx at WEX.
1st Dec 12 £4999
1st Marc 13 £4899
1st June 13 £4699
1st Sept 13 £4599
1st Dec 13 £4599

1st Dec 12 £5199
1st Marc 13 £5099
1st June 13 £4999
1st Sept 13 £4899
1st Dec 13 £4899

I think the drops will be quicker as the UK dealers must be running a fair level of markup at the moment.
Mine came in at EUR 5999 ( £4742 at today's exchange rate ) with free delivery and 4 years warranty from a regular high street dealer. I could have paid EUR 6299 (£4999) for an earlier delivery. Anybody considering one might do well to look this way even if UK delivery costs £100 or so.
The £500 difference shows that there's a good margin to be eroded.

Bob

At £500 difference I'll order it and come and collect it...

How about some model aeroplane shots Bob?

I can very much recommend http://www.photografica.com/ in Copenhagen. Their price is
the equivalent of £5039. The shop is excellent with great staff. They let me have a long play around with a 1Dx and D4. I had the 1Dx with a 70-200 f.28 mkII on to test and they encouraged me to step out to the street to have a proper go. They didn't come with me or anything, totally trusting staff as I could easily have legged it with about £6500 of gear. I can't see a UK shop allowing someone to do that!

For the record I didn't buy it mainly because my very helpful international bank (HSBC) would have charged me a load of cash and taken 3 days to transfer the money to my Danish account when I only had one day left in Denmark!!

Last edited:
I know some Jessops have them now. Been told Birmingham have them not sure which other stores do.

Thanks. I will see about having a go as looks 'moochos funos' :D

Even though the 5D3 has it built-in, I don't see any reason to do it in camera with all the restrictions.

If you don't have photoshop or time to PP it can come in handy I guess.

Even though the 5D3 has it built-in, I don't see any reason to do it in camera with all the restrictions.

If you don't have photoshop or time to PP it can come in handy I guess.

Or you don't have the photoshopery skills. The ones where the subject is clearly defined would be easy enough but the overlapping ones wouldn't be something I could do in photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back