Canon 350D

Edit My Images
Yes
So, I found an utter bargain a few days ago! Trundling around town, popped into a charity shop and saw an EOS 350D with basic lens for a princely £30! Needless to say, I had a quick play and it seemed okay - turned on, focused and reviewed pictures (memory card included!)

However, I've since noticed - or it's decided to start playing up - that the 4 way buttons on the rear do not seem to work when using for the direct selection - ISO, AF and Metering. Yet, when actually in the main menu, the 4 buttons work perfectly and navigate entirely around the menu with no issues! Peculiar. So, does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be occurring?

So when you press one of the buttons (and the lower display is blank) what happens? Just looking at mine which I use for astrophotography so those buttons never get used, pressing one takes you to the relevant menu page, unlike my 550D where they jump you to a 'quick selection' display.

I just had a brainwave (I promise you it doesn't happen often!) - what mode do you have set on the top dial? Mine spends its life in 'M', however if you set it to one of the automatic 'scene' modes those 4 way buttons do...............nothing. You have to be in P, Tv, Av or M for them to work.

Nothing happens - however turning it off and then ion makes the ISO and /or AF selector buttons work, but only once. Peculiar. I've turned it off, taken the battery etc out and done a few trouble shooting things found in the web but nothing appears to be changing. And yet those 4 buttons work perfectly in the menu. Very odd!

I just had a brainwave (I promise you it doesn't happen often!) - what mode do you have set on the top dial? Mine spends its life in 'M', however if you set it to one of the automatic 'scene' modes those 4 way buttons do...............nothing. You have to be in P, Tv, Av or M for them to work.

Thank you, I did think that first bit sadly it the same in the more creative modes! :( good thought though!

Have you tried resetting to factory settings?

Ok still have my 10D/20D/300D - Rarely used and they have been passef along to get the grandchildren and nephews/niece going then returned when they get ised to them and the have newer given as presents.

My local charity shops have yielded some 35mm kit but not seen a DSLR... yet.

Well I added another lens I spotted at LCE - 200mm 2.8. Very impressed so far!

The 350D was the first dslr I ever owned. Before that I'd only ever had p&s and a bridge camera. I loved it, in fact I still have it and my son uses it occasionally

350D was my first too, still have it and use it for IR :)

Back