Canon 3D?

If it does then I doubt it will have eye control focus as it's a feature that doesn't work too well.
In the build up to Photokina there are usually a lot of rumours and many photoshopped cameras.

One thing is sure to happen, Canon are going to annouce a 'Legend' camera on August 24th - perhaps a 1Ds MKIII with a 21MP+ sensor and maybe an update to the 350D.
A 50mm L F1.2 would also be nice :)

something full frame and ef/ef-s with the 45point focus would probably see me getting my wallet out.

I wonder what a 1DmkIII would do to mkII prices...

/me taps wallet

IanC_UK said:
the 1D Mk2 is due an update as well ! It had the N feature set changes but its not a true update as the sensor and processor stayed the same !
I think the 1D will get updated next year - although the N was only a small update it was still an update :)

whitewash said:
not going to happen simply because EFS lenses cant handle full frame, they are designed around the smaller sensor size of crop cameras (20d,350d, 30d)

True - the idea is the lenses are lighter and cheaper due to the need for the lens to cover a smaller sensor.

Not quite sure where Canon can go on this, last year there were rumours of something that would come in below the 350D - almost like a consumer dSLR, whether this is still likely with the nose diving prices of cameras like the 350D and the Nikon D50 ( plus of course Alphas from Sony, and Samsung entherign the market on the backs of established brands like Minolta and Pentax repsectively).

Also the release of the 30D very much restricts what a 350D successor could have without eating its market - spot metering, maybe, perhaps a frame extra per second, maybe a cheaper model (although how cheap can they get), higher pixel count - definately not.

Canon is probably restricted in perhaps bringing out an updated 350D of some sort - pretty much the same as the 350D but with a better LCD, and perhaps spot metering.

Whats more likely, assuming Canon release anything would be a new model at the top end to replace the 1Ds MKII with some absolutely huge full frame sensor, or perhaps increase the pixel size of the current 1D MKIIn to give it a sales advantage over the 30D and 5D - because as it stands at the moment I would like a 1D MKIIn - but the 8.2 MP sensor makes me think that I would be better buying a 30D, or even a 5D and saving a bit until something better comes along.

(BTW I realize its more than just MPs but I also recall that alot of people used to view Nikons with disbelief at the lower sensor resolutions of their cameras when Canon were releasing 8MP+ sensors, now the tables have turned and I think Canon need to show that they are still in the game for developing their products to compete with the likes of Nikon).

Having said all the above I think with the 30D being released earlier in the year I wouldnt be to surprised if Canon didnt release anything until early next year:(

Sorry for the babble - just my take on it;)

Warspite said:
True - the idea is the lenses are lighter and cheaper due to the need for the lens to cover a smaller sensor.
Yeah I don't understand this, in theory EF-S lenses should be cheaper but the Canon 10-22 is about the same or more expensive than the Canon 17-40L. Even though the 17-40 is better built, has more glass and comes with a lens hood a case.

I would be very keen if they introduced a self cleaning sensor mechanism..:) Could this be possible..:thinking:

I can clean the sensor on my 350D and my old 20D in two minutes flat..;)

The 1DMkII can take up to 2 hours to get it spotless at 300%..:(

I use the rocket blower..=Useless..:bang:

I use PecPads and eclipse fluid which actually does the job in time.:|

Well the self clean on the Olympus (I think) can't get rid of everything I hear (based totally on rumour). I.e. 98% of goobers go but those big stubbon ones that take 6 swipes of the cleaning stick still stick on the self cleaners.

shiato storm said:
yes, but why zoom in to 300%?
Who knows !! Maybe Buster has an obsession with a 300% clean sensor :wacky: :p

SammyC said:
... or just poor eyesight.

Well as I am taking some stick over this I would like all you jokers to clean your sensor then take a test shot into a white background or sky at f.16 then load the image on to your computer and those who say their sensor is clean at 50% or 100% try zooming up to 300% and see the dirt that remains..;)

If you are gonna clean your sensor at least do the job right..:geek:

pffft, I just use this.
Just 2 mins and 'BANG', the dirt is gone (y)

15922.gif

SDK^ said:
pffft, I just use this.
Just 2 mins and 'BANG', the dirt is gone (y)

15922.gif

LOL - along with the sensor, any plastic, the circuits:LOL:

That needs to be said at FULL VOLUME! Just like Barry Scott.

*clears throat*

"HI IM BARRY SCOTT AND IM HERE TO TELL YOU ABOUT CLIT BANG {SIC} AND ITS AMAZING CLEANING POWER, SPRAY, WIPE AND THE DIRT IS GONE"

if it has that cleaning power on a 1p peice after 1 second, would you really want to use it without any form of gloves on????? like really, would you

who the **** is barry scott anyway?

after a small amount of research i found this, barry scott isnt real, hes an actor, we just make him to be someone important because he must be if he uses his name in adverts. hes actually an actor called neil burgess who reached the heady heights of byker grove, the bill and a brian mcfadden video

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=217&id=266822005

ah, that old post...saw taht one ages ago - about when the 5D came out...
photo-chop job

busterboy said:
Well as I am taking some stick over this I would like all you jokers to clean your sensor then take a test shot into a white background or sky at f.16 then load the image on to your computer and those who say their sensor is clean at 50% or 100% try zooming up to 300% and see the dirt that remains..;)

If you are gonna clean your sensor at least do the job right..:geek:

whats the point, i dont make a habit of zooming in over 100% and i doubt any dirt will show up on prints, so i think thats going a little OTT :shrug:

whitewash said:
whats the point

The point being either clean the lens to the full or don't bother as you obviously do..:|

whitewash said:
i dont make a habit of zooming in over 100% and i doubt any dirt will show up on prints

Again if your happy with that standard its your call.;)

whitewash said:
so i think thats going a little OTT :shrug:

OTT for you maybe but not for me... Happy now..:bonk:

Back