Canon 400mm f4 DO mk 2...sensible price now?

Must say looking at the images I'm fairly impressed with, Until I looked at the data I didn't realise that the first shot of the otter was taken with the 2x III mounted to the camera, second shot without the converter is lovely and sharp I must say, I think for the price the lens sells at now this is something I will have to have a good think about...

Thanks again

Joe

Hi George, reading Joe's comments again now I have got the images you sent into LR, I too didnt look at the exif data right away, just at the images, zoomed in, zoomed out, really very impressive indeed I feel. The 400 seems like a very good lens indeed, with or without the 2x convertor being used. I can see its the 2x tele v3 you used, have you tried it with the 1.4x v3? How does it perform with that?

Thanks again for sending the images over, excellent to see actually examples!

Antony, with the 1.4 you'll really not see any difference from the prime except it's 5.6 not f4. Will look tomorrow if I get a chance!!

Antony has replied, positively, sending some more files, will try and do tomorrow!!

Joe, my only concern is that I may have had a good lens and why I'd strongly recommend a check before you buy. Also as I've said before, it was a 2010 lens I think, not an old mangy one!!

Oh and the mk 2 is stellar..........I can't see many people buying it at the ridiculous £6800 ish price, but at £4500?....Hmmmmmmm....hence my original post!

Last edited:
How big is this lens annd what bags does it fit? It's a bit out of my reach at the moment, but it's something I hvae been searching around the net for. I reckon it would make a great pelagic birding lens as well as being very useful for other things too. Would be interested in seeing the images if possible.Oh and what is its mfd?

You should have an email with the download link!

Back