1. russellsnr

russellsnr

Name:
    Russell
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Hi, Not a beginner at photography as such but trying my hand at bird photography, waiting arrival of a Canon 400mm f5.6 lens and wondered outside of the made to measure camo for this lens what do you use?
    Thanks. Russ.

2. GarethB

GarethB

Name:
    Gareth
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I don't have the 400mm f5.6 (wish I did though) but I bought my camo lens cover from Wildlife Watching Supplies - Link.
    They make a very decent product - neoprene with Realtree® designs, and pretty cheap too - there's no button access though....you have to slide your finger underneath the neoprene to get to them - not a major issue though.

Link to Canon Lens Covers

My lens cover quite possibly saved my lens six months ago or so....my cheap shoulder strap broke and my 7DII+Sigma150-600 hit the floor!!:eek:
    It was a heart stopping moment, but thankfully the lens hood had taken the brunt of it (it was unbroken) - and the cushioning from the lens cover certainly helped.
    I checked the lens calibration and I think I got away with it....suffice to say that I will not leave the house without the lens cover....oh, and I bought a proper, rated strap too!!

3. russellsnr

russellsnr

Name:
    Russell
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thankyou, I found one from outdoorphotographygear on Ebay at £15. Thanks again, russ.