Review Canon 40D. First Encounter.

Just an added observation...

I bought two new batteries with the 40D - the one that came with the camera and an additional one for the new battery grip. I still haven't used either of the new batteries.

When I first got the camera, I put the two old batteries fully charged into the new battery grip, and they're still going strong! Possibly down to the new Digic 3 processor handling battery power better?

Sorry, diving into this one very late I know!

Just wanted to also comment on the battery life. I did a shoot with a friend on Saturday with the 40d, in that nice warm weather... took 1100 shots in about 4 hours and the battery was still showing no signs of being anywhere near empty! And that's just a single battery... no grip! :clap:

Sorry, diving into this one very late I know!

Just wanted to also comment on the battery life. I did a shoot with a friend on Saturday with the 40d, in that nice warm weather... took 1100 shots in about 4 hours and the battery was still showing no signs of being anywhere near empty! And that's just a single battery... no grip! :clap:

I agree.
I've just returned from 3 days shooting in Arisaig and the battery is still good and that's using a heavy IS lens with lots of focus hunting trying to get bifs sharp in the frame. :confused:
Took two spare batteries just in case.

Back