Canon 5D Going Cheap!!!

fraggle101

Not a mermaid
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, now iv got ur attention!! lol.. :woot:

when i plug my 5D into my putta it dont recognise it in Canon Utilitys... so it wont download the images..

Now it worked ok with my 400D and also with my 40D.. but i plug the 5D in and nothing.. it makes a sound like its just disconnected a usb device.. then tells me its not working properly..

Im guessing its cos its an OLD camera now and the drivers arnt there for it..

Do i need to install the drivers seperatly?? where do i find em.. iv looked on the Canon webbie and nothing...

Anyway, lets see how the VIEWED count goes on this thread!! :woot::woot: (y)(y)

Ooops.. my bad..

YOUR 400D...:muted:

Fraggie,
Mine does exactly the same.

However, if you then open the Canon Utilities Camera window (ie, after plugging in the camera) software you can upload the images as normal.
It may be that you have an older version of the Utilities installed from your 400D (well, somebody's 400D)

Bob

The utility dosnt recognise it.. the putta is booting it out...

In the Utilities Preferences have you got "execute" selected?
Mine's set to "show main window"

I have to plug the camera in first otherwise I get exactly what you are describing.
My 30D's don't exhibit htis problem at all.

Bob

PS...I'm running XP on both machines

Its just the computer isnt accepting it into the usb.. its going. bong, bong, bong.. very fast.. and when i switch the camera off or dissconnect it, its does nothing.. like its already been switched off...

"Bong Bong Bong" sounds like a bad thing Fraggle....I'll have to watch from a distance and see what the IT guru's come up with.
Good luck.
Bob

Ok, its working!!..

I had it on Pc Connect.. thought that would be the right thing to do..

Now i tried the pring setting and it works lovely.. (y)

Lol..

I WAS going to use that, but i thought that as i has the most up to date stuff it'd just work.. well, it does 'Just work' when your in the right MODE!!!!! haha..

That'll teach me to read a bit more!! lol...

Right, just finished transfering the pics.. worked a treat..

Ta for looking guys...

Now I could tell you a long story here, but I won't - suffice to say should have the camera's communication setting at 'PC connect' .The reason it won't work in PC connect is because you haven't downloaded the driver for the 5D. If you leave the camera's communication in 'Print/PTP' you won't be able to use the remote capture facility (I also have a feeling you won't be able to use the Picture Style Editor either).

thats ok, i dont use the remote capture anyway..

Do you have a link to the 5D drivers?? i cant find em.. everything but!! lol

thats ok, i dont use the remote capture anyway..

Do you have a link to the 5D drivers?? i cant find em.. everything but!! lol

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010252.asp

Once you've opened the link enter your operating system and language, then submit. The driver you're looking for is the WIA driver (top of the list if you enter 'Windows XP' as the operating system and 'English' as the language). HOWEVER, if you've already connected your camera to your computer and switched it 'on' it may not be quite that straight forward. You'll probably need to go into into the 'Device Manager' and reinstall the driver (once you've downloaded it that is). At least that's what I had to do. If all else fails I can send you a copy of the driver CD that came with my 5D.

Gofer, thank you very much, i got the drivers and as you said they didn install correctly.. but i went into Devices and updated then and alls working well..

(y) glad you've got it sorted - it took me ages to figure it out :bang:

Lol.. it only took me 2 hours!! (y) lol..

Thanks again Gofer..

Back