Canon 5D3 To Fuji XT-2 Views Please

The jpegs could still show problems if the in camera settings are set incorrectly,in LR i turn detail high and sharpening low and depending on the particular shot work on certain settings,there isn't a one size fits all and the files can take more work to overcome some issues that the xtrans can give in some situations
I've tried every jpeg setting you can. NR-2, sharpening -2, and everything else and they can still be present so it's not just a matter of incorrect jpeg settings. Also, I initially did oversharpen but once I'd seen the issue I've read just about every recommendation on how to process Fuji files in LR, silkypix, irident, photoninja, aperture, Capture one, DXO, and possibly a couple of more I can't think of off the top of my head, and none of them fully solve the issue.

On artefacts. I've seen artefacts in LR if I oversharpen. So I don't oversharpen. The Fuji files really don't need much sharpening. If I oversharpen Canon files, I get haloes. So I don't oversharpen them either. :thinking:
With no sharpening in RAW, and with -1 or -2 sharpening with camera jpegs the are still evident. But you're right, any file can look pants if you sharpen too much. Fuji are worst though, and you get weird worm effects :eek:

The way I read this sentence 'can be evident in the jpeg and also in RAW processed in Fuji's own silkypix software' was that he was referring to Silkipix JPEGs ;)
Then you misread it ;) :p

Again same question that I asked @snerkler why not point us to one of these images and highlight the strange rendering. I'm not being trollish here, I would really like to know what it is you're talking about, because I don't see it, either in my images or others. Although again, I don't pixel peep.
You don't have to pixel peep to see it. If you really want to know I can send you a PM, but I'd rather not post again on here and be responsible for others falling out with their Fujis ;) Besides, it's not hard to find on google :p

You don't have to pixel peep to see it. If you really want to know I can send you a PM, but I'd rather not post again on here and be responsible for others falling out with their Fujis ;) Besides, it's not hard to find on google :p

You mean this? X-Trans: The promise and the Problem Very well written article and makes some good points about how we all get sucked in by marketing that is 'redolent of a certain barnyard aroma' :D

https://petapixel.com/2017/01/27/x-trans-promise-problem/

You mean this? X-Trans: The promise and the Problem Very well written article and makes some good points about how we all get sucked in by marketing that is 'redolent of a certain barnyard aroma' :D

https://petapixel.com/2017/01/27/x-trans-promise-problem/
That's one of the issues, but I don't shoot a lot of portraits/people so didn't affect me that much tbh. But I personally think the waxiness can be apparent at lower ISO too. I've seen a really shocking example shot at base ISO in a studio.

Back