Canon 5Dmk2 £2099 UK Stock

mho

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
If anyone is after a Canon 5Dmk2 MPB have them in stock and they are UK stock for £2099.

I ordered today - body only from BT Shop for £1606 delivered, less £42 cash back from Quidco, making it £1564 net. Out of stock but new stock expected on 5th January.

My price is including VAT and delivery.

MWSnap%202008-12-24%2C%2013_23_24.jpg

I guess the price has gone up since I ordered.

wow. BT shop are cheap!! They have the best price i've seen on a d90 (and I've been looking for weeks)

I've just used their online messaging support service and confirmed that the price you pay is the price at time of oder....... Even if prices increase before/once stock arrives.

so you are laughing at 1600 squids

Last edited:
That's a pretty crazy price. £1800 is what I got my one for, seems as though there is a fully fledged price war going on now.

It looks like they've taken all the VAT off instead of just 2.5% , somebody must have pressed the wrong buttons :LOL:

You're a very luck person :D

did you get one of these emails after ordering tdodd?

About Your Order

Dear Mr xxx

PLEASE NOTE: This email is for your reference only. We have not accepted your
order at this stage. Only when we confirm our acceptance of your
order in writing
will a contract exist between us. If we do not accept your order, we will of
course refund any payment taken from your debit or credit card.

Thank you for your order received on Wednesday 24 December 2008.
Your order is
now being processed.

they might yet try to diddle you!

Last edited:
It looks like they've taken all the VAT off instead of just 2.5% , somebody must have pressed the wrong buttons :LOL:

You're a very luck person :D
I don't think so. In my order acknowledgement they clearly specify the price with and without VAT. The no-VAT price is £1391.30. My Quidco cash back has already been calculated and is correct for the no-VAT price listed. So all the ducks are lined up correctly. It's simply a very good price. I know of one person on another forum who also bought at the same price as me. Here's my Quidco transaction listed (last line item)....

MWSnap%202008-12-24%2C%2017_19_27.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think so. In my order acknowledgement they clearly specify the price with and without VAT. The no-VAT price is £1391.30. My Quidco cash back has already been calculated and is correct for the no-VAT price listed. So all the ducks are lined up correctly. it's simply a very good price. I know of one person on another forum who also bought at the same price as me.

If you take the vat of £1837 you pretty much get the price you've paid, I think that when somebody was setting up the page they typed the numbers in the wrong box on the spread sheet.

I got my BNIB 30D kit from EmpireDirect for £599 because somebody put the 'clearance' price in the brand new section. At the time it should have been £799, it took them 4 weeks to honour the deal & part with the goods :D

1836.98/1.15 = 1597.37, which is close but is out by a couple of quid and change, so that's not the answer either.

£1599.99 seems to me to be a very specific and targeted end price to slip under the £1600 threshold psychologically - your typical xxx.99 style of pricing - so that all seems to be quite deliberate to me.

did you get one of these emails after ordering tdodd?

they might yet try to diddle you!

Yes, but that's standard stuff. I've bought from them before, fairly recently, and had the same thing for items in stock. I don't think the price I got was a mis-price, just a short lived good price. There can be a lot of pricing volatility with some suppliers. I've seen Amazon change prices from day to day, repeatedly, and eBuyer changing within hours. I think some suppliers (eBuyer for example) may use some sort of dynamic pricing. If an item is getting a lot of attention the price sneaks up. Once interest drops off the price creeps back down again. That could be nonsense but it is an impression I have had in the past when someone reports a bargain (e.g. on HotUKDeals) and everyone rushes to grab one quick.

Last edited:
The cheapest shops are always those who don't have any stock.....remember the 8gb Extreme IV cards for £12.29? :cautious:

Hope you get it though (y)

The cheapest shops are always those who don't have any stock.....remember the 8gb Extreme IV cards for £12.29? :cautious:

Hope you get it though (y)

You're so right about cheap = no stock. I have four lenses on order, all from Warehouse Express (cheapest I can find) and all out of stock. They aren't especially fancy or unusual items - 28/1.8, 50/1.4, 85/1.8 and 24-70/2.8L. Luckily for me I can easily afford to wait. I've had the email saying they are out of stock and will be ordered for me - no suggestion of the price being mystically hiked when stock comes in.

My local camera shop has the 5D MkII at £1500 when they have no stock! Strangely the price rises due to demand when they get stock in!

I would never have guessed that BT sold so much other non-phone related stuff, let alone dslrs.

Which reminds me on seeing the similarity between the pages and the Quicklinx thing, Dabs is now owned by BT.

Back