Canon 600D Official Owners Thread - Anything 600D Related

I've just added a canon 50mm f/1.4 and sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 to my lens collection, found a new love for my 600d, these lenses have taken it to the next level! :)

Hello all

Picked up one of these just before Xmas along with the 50mm 1.8 and the kit lens. Loving playing about with it so far but I'm wondering what's the next logical upgrade to the 18-55 kit lens. I would maybe like something that's a touch wider but offering greater sharpness than the kit lens.

Hello all

Picked up one of these just before Xmas along with the 50mm 1.8 and the kit lens. Loving playing about with it so far but I'm wondering what's the next logical upgrade to the 18-55 kit lens. I would maybe like something that's a touch wider but offering greater sharpness than the kit lens.

Slightly wider, you could consider the Canon 15-85 IS, but most people seem to progress to the Tamron 17-50 f2.8, it's reasonably priced and sharp as a razor.

What's the difference between he vc and non vc version? Someone on a different forum has offered one for 150 but I don't think it's the vc version

What's the difference between he vc and non vc version? Someone on a different forum has offered one for 150 but I don't think it's the vc version

VC is Vibration Control, Tamron's name for what Canon call IS (Image Stabiliser).

In my opinion, as someone who has owned multiple examples of the non VC as well as a VC version I would say that if the non VC was under £160 and in very good condition I would consider it, I found the VC version to be built slightly better and to be a little sharper, but the original non VC is still an excellent lens.

£150 for one in good condition would be a pretty good deal, ask for plenty of images of the lens to check condition and example pics taken with the lens, especially examples taken at f2.8.

Last edited:
Ah well he ended up selling it as part of a kit. What's the rules around using the classifieds? Do I need a certain number of posts?

Ah well he ended up selling it as part of a kit. What's the rules around using the classifieds? Do I need a certain number of posts?

60 days and 25 posts iirc. In the meantime keep an eye on the sales at AVF, even eBay can sometimes bring up a private UK seller every now and then.

hiya just got my new EOS 600D today with the basic lens it came with. going out tomorrow hopefully to hyde park to take some pictures. I am also new photography and i am looking to take this up at the end of my degree.

Thanks. £425 now but with the cash back offer its very tempting!

I went for the Amazon option. With £40 cash-back, it's not worth going for a grey import for only another £30 saving.

Although someone at Yodel obviously fancied a free Christmas present, because the first camera was stolen in transit before it got to me :eek:

I went for the Amazon option. With £40 cash-back, it's not worth going for a grey import for only another £30 saving.

Although someone at Yodel obviously fancied a free Christmas present, because the first camera was stolen in transit before it got to me :eek:

Likewise, seemed a small price to play for a UK version

steffparry said:
Have you seen any good deals?

I think I saw the body and 18-55 for £430 on Panamoz.

That's definitely a bargain. !

Hi

Have a 600D coupled with these..

Canon 70-200 L f4
Canon 28-105 USM II f3.5-4.5
Canon 18-55 IS USM f3.5-f4.5
Sigma 10-20 f4
Canon 50 f1.8
Canon 28 f2.8

Struggling to decide if I really need another lens. I do portraiture and landscapes, some wildlife. Feel if I was to get ''just one more'' lens , it would (probs) be to replace the 18-55 kit lens. Budget about 500-750

Any suggestions and why?

TIA

Pete

Would have thought you've got all the bases covered there, and perhaps a little more overlap than is necessary?:)

Canon Pete said:
Hi

Have a 600D coupled with these..

Canon 70-200 L f4
Canon 28-105 USM II f3.5-4.5
Canon 18-55 IS USM f3.5-f4.5
Sigma 10-20 f4
Canon 50 f1.8
Canon 28 f2.8

Struggling to decide if I really need another lens. I do portraiture and landscapes, some wildlife. Feel if I was to get ''just one more'' lens , it would (probs) be to replace the 18-55 kit lens. Budget about 500-750

Any suggestions and why?

TIA

Pete

A 10-22 would be a nice addition, fantastic landscape lens!

I swapped my 18-55 for an 18-135 which is a great walk about lens.

hey people i took this waterfall with my canon 600d with a sigma 70- 300 lens!! i know the lens isnt the best but ive just started out photography and just learning at the min.

can u tell me what you think of picture tell me straight please as i want to learn..

Thanks Dan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91717752@N03/8329073785/in/photostream

If you click on share in Flickr and copy the link it produces and post that here the image itself will show in your post.

Like this

8329073785_6e3decc324_b.jpg

IMG_1899 by husky45, on Flickr

My initial thought is the image is flat and a little dark, it would be better with some post processing to lighten and saturate it a little more.

Hi all looking at getting 600d , but have seen 2 models 1 is 600d kiss and 1 is 600d rebel is their any difference in these ?

Quick question. If you were on a bit of a budget would you get a 550d with the twin lens kit from Jessops or a 600d with one lens from Amazon seeing as they're similar kinds of money.

How about a 600d from panamoz, that's what I did and got the twin lens kit plus a few extra bits like a 430 flash and 16GB 95mb/s card. A damn sight cheaper than anywhere else I looked at and fast delivery too (3 working days which from hong kong is pretty amazing)

Thanks for the tip but I know my luck and it's not worth chancing it on a grey import.

Kev M said:
Thanks for the tip but I know my luck and it's not worth chancing it on a grey import.

They have a addon where you pay a few extra pounds and they replace with new if the camera fails within the year. They even give a UK address to return the camera to.
Definitely worth a look, Tina at Panamoz is very helpful.

They have a addon where you pay a few extra pounds and they replace with new if the camera fails within the year. They even give a UK address to return the camera to.
Definitely worth a look, Tina at Panamoz is very helpful.

I agree 100%, I even got my 1 year replacement insurance free and also free p&p. Tiny is fantastic and really helpful. I was a little apprehensive but bit the bullet and boy am I glad I did. I will definitely use them again, looking at a better lens next, just need to work out which one will benefit me best.

I just checked the panamoz site and and with the canon cashback they're no cheaper than Amazon at the minute. I might I keep an eye on them for future lenses though given the recommendations.

Kev M said:
I just checked the panamoz site and and with the canon cashback they're no cheaper than Amazon at the minute. I might I keep an eye on them for future lenses though given the recommendations.

Fair enough, are you not tempted by the 650D ?
It's got such good write ups

I'd rather spend the additional money on extra glass to be honest.

Justin1971 said:
How about a 600d from panamoz, that's what I did and got the twin lens kit plus a few extra bits like a 430 flash and 16GB 95mb/s card. A damn sight cheaper than anywhere else I looked at and fast delivery too (3 working days which from hong kong is pretty amazing)

Which twin kit did you go for? They have a few different combos on there.

Typically how much do the 18-55mm kit lens go for second hand. Really want the Tamron 17-50 vc but would need to part fund by selling my kit lens. Typically are they hard to sell (given I would imagine there are quite a few of these knocking about)

Back