Canon 70-200 F4 is or not?

Before you find and pull the trigger on another 70-200 what are you looking to shoot? Just wondering if a 24-105 f4L might be a better first L purchase for you?

Dave i know the 24-105 i have isnt the L but i had the L last year with my other 6D and its not worlds apart enough to stop me wanting the 70-200 ;) appreciate your concern;)

In which case, make sure it really is a 200 that you want. On the 6D you've lost 1/3rd of the "effective"(1) length of the 200 compared to a crop like the D3300.
This is something I found moving up from a 7D to a 5D3...

(1) yes, I know...
thanks but the loss of the extra length is not a concern.
cheers

I've used the 70-200 f/4 non IS and owned the 70-200 f/2.8 non IS. They were both razor sharp with some of the best contrast and colour I've ever seen in a lens. I can't speak for the IS versions. The f/4 was lovely being more compact, but to be honest, they are both big and white so get unwanted attention, which is one of the reasons I barely went out with my L glass and got rid. Not to put a downer on things. :)

no not nonsense because I never had it in the first place :) and no problems in the extra length dept or so I've been told and i don't need the little blue pills though i do get them given to me by customers :)

A lot lighter than the 2.8 which I own and never carry due to the weight !

Absolutely. I'd love the extra stop of light and the bokeh from the 2.8, but 1.5kg on a long gig is a killer. The f4 is half the weight.

Clifton cameras ,paid a deposit and 12 months interest free,thought i would keep some money back just incase a juicy 35mm comes up :)

looking at this seems a bargain,think somebody cocked up here :)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000053H...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1TFR0AWKNR0Y0JKD1BWF

Hi Snake. Firstly apologies for bringing a year old thread up.

Been following this thread with interest. How did you find it in the end with the IS? In exactly the same position at the minute. Not sure if I can justify the extra ££££.

Thanks, Matt.

Matt, Just received today a 70-200mm non is from the forums here, not had much time to play but first impressions are very good and light as mentioned. Few examples taken with a Canon M

Thanks all. Definitely thinking f4 now over f2.8. The size, weight and price would have been too much for 2.8.

Like you it's down to IS or not. I'm swaying more to having IS because like what Geoff says, the weather sealing would be good. And Admirable said further back about it not being just the IS that makes it different. Also if I go second hand I know the release date is much more recent so I would hope to get a newer lens.

I'll hold out for a while and see if I can pick a bargain up somewhere. If I really good deal came up for either, I'll go with it.

Cheers, Matt.

If you're happy to go with Amazon's Warehouse Deals, you can pick up a "like new" non-is version with 20% off today as part of their Prime Day.

Works out at just over £350 (for Prime members).

Be quick though!

If you're happy to go with Amazon's Warehouse Deals, you can pick up a "like new" non-is version with 20% off today as part of their Prime Day.

Works out at just over £350 (for Prime members).

Be quick though!

Pmba. Thank you!!

Was struggling to decide massively.

Cheapest I could find non IS (£439 at currys). Or used average condition with guarantee for £330.

With IS it was going to be more than £200 more for each.

Signed up to a prime trial and I think I got the last one. Thanks again, I'll look forward to trying my first higher end lens.

Cheers, Matt.

Back