Canon 7D or something more?

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Recently bought a brand new 7D for £460. I'm wondering if that is a good buy or whether I should return it and get a 6D off eBay for around double the price? I shoot mainly landscape, wildlife and air shows st the moment!

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

two totally different bodies... what lenses do you have ?

this might help Linky

I would be reluctant to buy from Ebay though, especially a high value item, have you thought about a grey version, I saved nearly £300 by buying from Panamoz over the high street prices.

There are so many benefits to owning full frame, if you can afford it go for it. Don't forget your EF-S lens won't fit though ;)

Also looking at the possibility of getting Sigma 18-35 1.8 which may help if I ever need the 7d in low light (which is unusual for me)

I was never happy with my 7D in low light higher ISO situations, having said that it is still a good all rounder mainly where wildlife & airshows are concerned.......but no slouch for landscape or street photography when teamed up with perhaps the Canon 10-22mm zoom.

Of course everyone's mileage may vary ;)

two totally different bodies... what lenses do you have ?

this might help Linky

I would be reluctant to buy from Ebay though, especially a high value item, have you thought about a grey version, I saved nearly £300 by buying from Panamoz over the high street prices.

Or buy s/h off here - which is what I have done over the years and never been let down or disappointed.

£460 for a 7D seems quite high. Is it in vg condition, with a low shutter count and a warranty? The 6D is better for low light conditions, produces less noise but the Af system on the 7D is better. The 6D is likely to be replaced next year so prices both new and used should reduce.

It's brand new with a full year warranty. Wouldn't have paid that for a used one. Got £250 for my 600d so considering the extra £200 I think it's a good investment. What's your view?

It's brand new with a full year warranty. Wouldn't have paid that for a used one. Got £250 for my 600d so considering the extra £200 I think it's a good investment. What's your view?
I would return it, mint ones are available, why do you need a new one?

Amazon. Long in the tooth?
Launched in 2008, it's 8 year old technology, and became well behind the curve for IQ straight after launch*
We bought our first for £1200 and the 2nd for £700.

Sold one last year for less than £400, 2nd hand it's a bargain, but at close to £500? Not so much.

*need to say that I loved mine and will never sell the one I have left because it does a great job.

Other viewpoint - keep it.

If you're also going to go full frame, EF lenses on the 7D will give you extra length for airshows and wildlife. Plus, if you've got a good one, AF is better than almost anything else.

:) looks like your getting a touch of GAS coming along , be careful once it get a good hold it takes ages to go ....

Back