Canon charger LP-E6 and 3rd party battery

Edit My Images
No
I recently got a spare battery from 7dayshop. On the canon charger it only ever gets to 3 flashing lights and so far although it's been on charge for a long while (couple of hours) it's never got to green light. Do I need to buy a 3rd party charger? Or should I just take the 3 flashing orange as done as it shows fully charged if I put it in the camera.

I wouldn't trust that battery. The only third party battery I've had positive results from, was a Duracell one. That seemed to work (and still does) fine. But I know from plenty of reports, online and from mates, that you get variable results from third party batteries..

Canon changed the communication between batteries & charger on the 6D, I had to buy a 3rd party charger to charge my older batteries (newer 3rd party batteries now work ok)

As I said on the other thread I have found 7 day shop one's to be excellent both on my 7d mk1 and mk 2
I had to buy 8 batteries for a trip it would have been too expensive to buy Canon ones but the 7day shop ones were excellent I never ran out of battery power
the 7 day twin charger is excellent too

danny I would contact 7 day shop their after sales is excellent
my newer 7 day shop ones work in my canon 7d2 charger the green light comes on when charged

Back