Canon EF 100-400 for HOW MUCH ???

LOL. Dunno why I'm laughing my desktop has just crashed I'm in a whole world of sh*t. Good job I've got Jan's machine to fall back on. Oh well.... where's me XP disk, there goes the next couple of days!

It suddenly refused to boot and was telling me I was missing system and dll files. I tried to repair it with the XP disk but it wouldn't have it. Mind you it's been in need of a clean up for ages. I've just started to re-install Windoze over the top of the old version. Keeping everything crossed. The missus was going on about Friday 13th this morning, and I laughed at her for being superstitious. I'm scared to get the car out now! :LOL:

CT said:
It suddenly refused to boot and was telling me I was missing system and dll files. I tried to repair it with the XP disk but it wouldn't have it. Mind you it's been in need of a clean up for ages. I've just started to re-install Windoze over the top of the old version. Keeping everything crossed. The missus was going on about Friday 13th this morning, and I laughed at her for being superstitious. I'm scared to get the car out now! :LOL:

I took an executive decision and am working from home today ! lol

Hope it works mate ! I hate these computer things and its my job !!!! lol

IanC_UK said:
Boy i wish i was more brave, and had the money ! lol

For no other reason than nosiness I've had that on my watch list for the last 3 days :wink:

CT said:
It suddenly refused to boot and was telling me I was missing system and dll files.

They tend to do that after you punch them, :wink:

it wasn't the PC's fault that lens is cheap ......:D

I'd be too scared of losing the money on that :(

you need to add on approx 70 quid for postage and import duty etc, but even then it's a couple of hundred cheaper than 7day do it for.

His feedback is only for this month though too.

digitalfailure said:
CT said:
It suddenly refused to boot and was telling me I was missing system and dll files.

They tend to do that after you punch them, :wink:

it wasn't the PC's fault that lens is cheap ......:D

I'd be too scared of losing the money on that :(

you need to add on approx 70 quid for postage and import duty etc, but even then it's a couple of hundred cheaper than 7day do it for.

His feedback is only for this month though too.

Yeah my thoughts entirely ! If i had loads of disposable cash i would risk it ! but i havent so i cant anyway ! lol

Yes on Canon lenses the warranty is international, its just their bodies that are not.

It states a 12 month warranty valid in Hong Kong, you would therefore foot the bill to return it to Hong Kong.

I have bought a few lenses from B&H in New York when friends have been out there recently. They offer US lenses that have international warranty or imported lenses slightly cheaper that would need returning to the US for any warranty work.

Thats how I understand it.

link to B&H info
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con....jsp&A=getpage&Q=GreyMarketStatic.jsp

PAYMENT METHODS:

We only accept payment made by either one of the following 2 methods (no other payment methods will be accepted):

i) Bank Telegraph Transfer (i.e. TT payment / direct remittance into my HK bank account); OR

ii) Through www.moneybookers.com (remarks: no escrow service will be accepted).

If you do not agree with the above payment methods, please do not bid on our items. "Non-paying bidder alert form" would be filed to eBay among those non pay bidders. And people would then receive a warning from eBay according to this

Sounds dodgy to me as both methods you have no come back. If they where being legitimate they would accept paypal and/or other traceable methods of payment.

Canon will, and do, cover their warranties internationally - some items come with an 'international' warranty, some come with a localised warranty to where they were sold - the biggest problem with warranties comes from not having a valid 'proof of purchase', e.g. the invoice/receipt for the unit itself - Case in point, if you buy a Powershot G6 in Australia you'll get an Australian warranty, if you go on a world trip, have a problem in Sweden, take it to Canon Sweden they'll repair it under warranty, and charge the warranty labour and parts back to Canon Australia internally - providing you have the invoice that proves it was legitimately bought from a Canon dealer in Australia... if you had a grey import, serial numbered for Hong Kong, and an Australian invoice, you won't get a warranty... if you don't have an invoice, you won't get a warranty - the difficulties with warranties come from stopping grey marketing of units, not from a desire to stop people getting faulty equipment fixed - Canon want you to be happy using their gear, it means more people will want it, ultimately... :)

Nicked from another forum :)

Back