Canon EF 50mm f1.4 worth it?

Name
2a
Edit My Images
Yes
I Live in Korea and working on a few lighting projects...

As I was walking around the electronics market I stumbled across a 2nd hand Canon 50mm f1.4 for less than 50quid...

Ive read some stuff about the lens but would like some first hand experience/opinions on this lens...is it worth it and what is its potential?

I also found 50mm 1.8 for 60 quid too

Any major difference?
sorry if i sound like such a noob but im still learning..

please help....

thanks...

yep, the 50mm F1.4 is the one to go for.

Thanks guys..
ok im on it tmrw as its night here..hope i get it!!!

uneducated rick...i had a look at your photos and i like them, i like the soft exposures and they are nicely framed...
I thought the one with the light house looked a bit murky..maybe that was due to the weather? maybe try it on a clearer day?

ill see what other things this guy has got! his shop is amazing!

Take the caps off and hold the lens up to the light and look through it from the rear for any cloudiness due to fungus.

Another vote for the 1.4. The build quality is far better and with more aperture blades than the 1.8 you get much nicer round oof highlights.

Go for it--just make sure that it is EF and not FD fit.
Pete.

this lens is so sharp it has now shown up how soft my main lens is. I'm gutted.

OMG

well I went back.. only to discover that is was completely ruined! there were scratches all over the show..so I did not get it...no wonder it was such a great deal

anyway I bought 50mm f1.8 (48quid) instead as all the other markets were selling the 50mm f1.4 for 200 quid...

Iv had a little play around and I like it..better than no lens right!

thanks for all the replies!

Back