Canon EF-S 10-18mm or 10-22

I

Ian Wright

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the Canon EF-S 10-18mm and the 10-22 version?

I would like to try a wide angle lens and any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

We bought a 10-18mm for our daughter at Christmas last year. Cracking little lens, sharp and inexpensive. I don't think that the 10-22mm has anything significant in its favour and is more expensive. I have had a Sigma 10-20 for maybe 10-years. If it were stolen, I'd replace it with the Canon 10-18mm.

2cents.

We bought a 10-18mm for our daughter at Christmas last year. Cracking little lens, sharp and inexpensive. I don't think that the 10-22mm has anything significant in its favour and is more expensive. I have had a Sigma 10-20 for maybe 10-years. If it were stolen, I'd replace it with the Canon 10-18mm.

2cents.
What he said.

I'll save some money and go for the 10-18 then, Thank you.

Canon consider the EF-S 10-22 to be a professional lens which is presumably reflected in its performance and durability.

Hi Ian, Wednesday I traded a few lenses to get the Fuji but I took a wrong lens. So I now still have a Canon 10-18mm, used three times and in great condition. Hence the photos, so if you give me two weeks then I will let you have it for the price of FREE, as it won`t get used now. Yes you can have it for nothing as you seem to want one and if I can help you then good.

Wrong photos put in, like I said Ian. If you want the lens then give me two weeks and I will post it Recorded Delivery, just hope it helps you out in your journey in to photography :)

Photos below. using Flickr.

Attachments

• P4300001.JPG
    P4300001.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 27
  • P4300002.JPG
    P4300002.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 26
  • P4300005.JPG
    P4300005.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 28
  • P4300006.JPG
    P4300006.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hi Ian, Wednesday I traded a few lenses to get the Fuji but I took a wrong lens. So I now still have a Canon 10-18mm, used three times and in great condition. Hence the photos, so if you give me two weeks then I will let you have it for the price of FREE, as it won`t get used now. Yes you can have it for nothing as you seem to want one and if I can help you then good.

View attachment 107582 View attachment 107583 View attachment 107584 View attachment 107585

Thats an 18-55 lens.

Ps, there are some nice people in the world and I consider myself one of them but I'm not sure why you would give a lens away for free that sells every single day for upwards of £150 on eBay?

Thats an 18-55 lens.

Ps, there are some nice people in the world and I consider myself one of them but I'm not sure why you would give a lens away for free that sells every single day for upwards of £150 on eBay?

Will put up photos of the 10-18mm as it was the wrong lens I took. The Flickr photos show the 10-18mm on the 1100D :)

Here you go Ian, if you don`t want the filter I will take it off. Reason why I will give the lens to you for FREE is, you are New.

There are some amazing people in the world Dave and you are one of them. Thank you so much for your kind offer which I will obviously accept. I would like to pay something for it, but we can sort that out when your ready.

Thanks again, Ian.

There are some amazing people in the world Dave and you are one of them. Thank you so much for your kind offer which I will obviously accept. I would like to pay something for it, but we can sort that out when your ready.

Thanks again, Ian.

You are more than Welcome Ian, glad I took the wrong lens to Jessops which has now turned out great for you. I am glad I can help you out, so like I said, the 10-18mm is FREE. I will post it Wednesday 16th August Recorded Delivery :)

Very kind gesture that.

Amazing gesture Tom, its not always about money though, I know its important but I believe in the saying "you reap what you sow" and I'm sure life will pay Dave back for his kindness.

You are more than Welcome Ian, glad I took the wrong lens to Jessops which has now turned out great for you. I am glad I can help you out, so like I said, the 10-18mm is FREE. I will post it Wednesday 16th August Recorded Delivery :)

You are a star Dave, I will pm my details.

Made a note of address for New owner of lens :) It would of just sat in the box, plus I got what I wanted on Wednesday. You will love the 10-18mm as it is one cracking lens, so chuffed I can help you out (y)

Just mentioned it to my wife. We are both staggered with your kindness Dave thank you so much.

Hi Ian just got back from a dog walk, Thank you for the offer, but as it won`t cost a lot it`s all on me Free to you mate as I am just glad I can help you out with having and using the lens will be payment for me :)
Thank you Dave, Your generosity is overwhelming thank you so much.

Lens has just arrived David. For the first time in my life I am speechless! I cannot thank you enough for your kindness. I truly hope your kindness and generosity is repaid ten fold, Thank you. :ty:

Lens has just arrived David. For the first time in my life I am speechless! I cannot thank you enough for your kindness. I truly hope your kindness and generosity is repaid ten fold, Thank you. :ty:

Great news, and glad you got it mate, I am sure you will enjoy using it (y)

Great news, and glad you got it mate, I am sure you will enjoy using it (y)
I will be taking my father in law to the highlands for his rest bite week in October so hoping to get some nice landscapes in the between the odd malt of course.

Back