Canon EOS 5D MKII £1859 - 43 in Stock

You sure they're dropping? I'm hearing the pound is only getting weaker, and Canon are having to hike their prices to keep a float?

Regardless, 18 left in stock. Which is scary. 55 yesterday!

WOW! that's a bargain. Im sooooo glad I didnt get tempted off my feet to get one before xmas! Pound is EXCEEDINGLY low, I think on PayPal the other day I got GBP to USD @ 1.39!

Back in stock and cheaper! £1756

Now....about selling that kidney...

wow this is too cool, so intead of paying £2250 pre xmas which I almost did (thank goodness didnt!), can now get 'em for £1750....let's see thats hmmmm £500 cheaper! OMG

I am actually in shock at that price, and very ****ed off that I didn't wait another day.

Has anyone ever heard of a company refunding the difference? I mean, a SINGLE day cost me £100. I'll return this and buy again if that's the case. :(

thats the game, and how ya play it! its called hold out and hope!

I think ebuyer play tricks with stock levels and pricing. I've had things change price in the shopping basket. leave it an hour or two and they change back.

I vaguely remember something like that last time i bought from them. but that's why you strike whilst the iron's hot!

just checked and they're around £2K still on eBay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think ebuyer play tricks with stock levels and pricing. I've had things change price in the shopping basket. leave it an hour or two and they change back.

So is it worth the hassle trying to get anything back?or will they throw some excuse at me?

You may have to buy it under a different name though, as I had a friend who bought an MP4 player and hoped to do that, but when they returned it and bought another in the same name, they invoiced it as the original price, as there's some clause in their t&c about it being a promotional price, and one per customer, blah blah blah.

You may have to buy it under a different name though, as I had a friend who bought an MP4 player and hoped to do that, but when they returned it and bought another in the same name, they invoiced it as the original price, as there's some clause in their t&c about it being a promotional price, and one per customer, blah blah blah.

thanks I'll take a look. Much appreciated!

anybody ever get a credit account with eBuyer?

Seems like someone could buy one of these, keep it unopened, then resell at a profit on eBay in a few months time when the price rises have filtered through. You'd need a spare £1,750 of course, which is where my plan slightly falls apart :bonk:

yes...that's IF they're selling on eBay though, just seem to be BIN's

If the GBP to USD rate wasn't so terrible, one could go to NYC and buy a load of them and sell here at a nice profit!

Well the lady on the phone was very nice, said that the team that approve these things will take a look now she's sent it through, and will get back to me.

I'll keep anyone interested (no one) updated!

I'd be interested in hearing the outcome. It would reflect extremely well on them as a retailer if they refunded the difference, but I'd be very surprised to be honest.

still cheap even at that :). i bet next week they'll be cheaper!(providing the pound doesnt go down anymore!)

im so tempted to get one!! i put a deposit down last month for a slightly used 1dsmk3 which was a good price, but these 5dmk2's are really calling my name ......("alexxxxx buy me!!!!! alexxxxxxx")

Ebuyer will be Grey Imports - no warranty from Canon AFAIK.

I bought a pretty pricey bit of kit that was a 'grey import' (my 70-200mm f/2.8L IS), and it had a USA warranty card, but the seller told me how to change the USA to UK by logging onto canon's website and doing it that way (cant remember exactly the steps) but it is (or was) possible, as I now have it warranted.

Doesn't matter for lenses anyhow - internatonal warranty.

Not for bodies. Still if it has Canon UK paperwork, no problem.

Back