Canon EOS 80d Owners Thread

Got the 24-105 mk 2 version new from HDEW

Heading to Anglesey with my wife and a few friends for the weekend so hoping to give it a bit of a good try out - Pics to follow :)

Looking for a wireless. Remote trigger for my 80D muds have the option to used bulb mode without holding down the button. Has anyone got any suggestions? Would be handy to set the time for the release if possible.

Looking for a wireless. Remote trigger for my 80D muds have the option to used bulb mode without holding down the button. Has anyone got any suggestions? Would be handy to set the time for the release if possible.

If you go in to bulb mode in the menu you can actually set the time of the exposure and when combined with the delayed shutter release (2 or 10 seconds) removes the need for a remote release.

The other option is using the free Canon Connect App on your phone which does it all remotely ( but does use quite a lot of phone and camera battery capacity )

Does anyone in here have or have used a 3rd party battery grip for an 80d and if so how was it, not the using of it so much, more, how do you think it perform. Or is it better to go original. It's just a Canon one is really quite expensive and for something that's not going to be used all the time, I'm a little reluctant (well not going to) go down that root.

Does anyone in here have or have used a 3rd party battery grip for an 80d and if so how was it, not the using of it so much, more, how do you think it perform. Or is it better to go original. It's just a Canon one is really quite expensive and for something that's not going to be used all the time, I'm a little reluctant (well not going to) go down that root.

I was in the same predicament - but ended up buying the canon one 2nd hand off here for a reasonable price. Reason I wanted a canon one was on my old 550d a 3rd party grip I had with that didn’t work properly - the shutter button worked but the other buttons didn’t.

On the canon one I have now there is a little button to change focus points like there is on the camera body - but not sure if the 3rd party grip would have that on, worth checking it’s its very handy.

I use a Neuer(sp?) one with mine and it's fine. I did think it was faulty at first because sometimes when you put batteries in the grip it asks if they are genuine and shuts off the camera, but then you take them out and put them back in and it comes on fine. Only happens if you take them out and put them back in so fine when you're just turning the camera on and off normally.

I use a Neuer(sp?) one with mine and it's fine. I did think it was faulty at first because sometimes when you put batteries in the grip it asks if they are genuine and shuts off the camera, but then you take them out and put them back in and it comes on fine. Only happens if you take them out and put them back in so fine when you're just turning the camera on and off normally.

I'll second the Neewer battery grip, it also comes with 2 batteries and it's own charger (they won't charge in the official Canon charger).
I bought mine about a year ago from Amazon and I believe they are now even cheaper.
I've never had the problem Joel has had with the 80D asking if the batteries are genuine.

I had an 80D for a while and tried the Meike grip ... have to say I was less than impressed as I needed to jam some cardboard in the battery compartment to keep the contacts touching. Personally I prefer the OEM grip but there are times the price is just too much to bear even used (my Nikon D500 for instance) so I use a Meike on that.

Back