Canon EOS 90 for streaming youtube

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
A friend wants to do this for a church. Has anyone got any ideas on how to do it? How should the sound system be connected to the PC?

With just one camera streaming direct from a smartphone may be easier.

Canon released software so you can use as a webcam with usb. Alternatively you need something like camlink to convert the hdmi out to usb. Either way it appears as a webcam input that your computer can stream…as long as it has an internet connection, either wired, hotspot or travel modem connected to a phone.

I’ve done both options from churches and they work well.

Sound is tricky, you may be lucky and able to connect to the church system especially if the have a loop system. Otherwise I place a mic close to one of the speakers and another for music and ambient sound.

To start I’d recommend keeping it simple with a smartphone and then build it up depending on what you need.

With just one camera streaming direct from a smartphone may be easier.

Canon released software so you can use as a webcam with usb. Alternatively you need something like camlink to convert the hdmi out to usb. Either way it appears as a webcam input that your computer can stream…as long as it has an internet connection, either wired, hotspot or travel modem connected to a phone.

I’ve done both options from churches and they work well.

Sound is tricky, you may be lucky and able to connect to the church system especially if the have a loop system. Otherwise I place a mic close to one of the speakers and another for music and ambient sound.

To start I’d recommend keeping it simple with a smartphone and then build it up depending on what you need.
Thanks for that - I would have thought that the canon video would be better than a smart phone. The church does have a loop system.

Depending on the light and the bandwidth for streaming might not be a noticeable difference and the smartphone has the advantage of being all in one, and you may well be able to connect the sound to it too.

With the canon it’s starting a lot of gear escalation, cables, adapters, computer, internet connection that you may or may not need. There are so many things that can go wrong with live streaming I recommend starting as simple as possible and building up as you find you need.

Back