The M2 kit at £479.89 is listed by a HK seller t-dimension-us

The kit

Black M2
18-55
11-22
22 pancake
90EX speedlight
Adapter

With Amazon selling just the 11-22 at £332.41 the above noted bargain is ridiculously cheap.

The cheapest route to owning the M UWA albeit Grey and not paying duty (which is down to the individual).

Steve

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind taking a look at the M2 ... it would mean having to sell everything else in the kit though as I already have the lenses etc.

Off to do some calculations. :)

If it worked out at the price, the M2 should be close to free.....(ish) depending on price for the other 5 remaing items with a premium on the UWA....

S

Well the T-Dimension package will no doubt get caught for VAT etc as it's Ebay so you are looking at roughly the same cost from both retailers.
I would have to sell my kit (which was the M, adapter, 22mm and flash) for approx £200, the 18-55mm for approx £50 and the 11-22mm for around £275.

Therefore the upgrade would be in the region of £110.

Hmmmm ..... ;)

Well the T-Dimension package will no doubt get caught for VAT etc as it's Ebay so you are looking at roughly the same cost from both retailers.
I would have to sell my kit (which was the M, adapter, 22mm and flash) for approx £200, the 18-55mm for approx £50 and the 11-22mm for around £275.

Hmmmm ..... ;)

It's a moot point really.

Dependent on current supply on EBay of UK sourced kit lenses, and actually being charged VAT etc. You might get a bit more for your "old" uK sourced kit - £99 for the M Body, £70 for tbe 22mm, £60 for the 18-55, £55 for the adapter and £40 for the 90EX. Broken up it should be worth more than as a kit. Agree with pricing o the 11-22.

It's a challenge really. If Digirev refund duty etc....

I still don't think the M2 has enough for me to be an "upgrade" few revisions but an M3 with more beneficial improvements beats feature revisions and would be attractive to buy.

I have a chance to try an M 11-22 on Sunday..... a potential gamechanger. Did not think the M 70-200 was worth buying. No cost/benefit over the EF-S 55-250 STM. Good size though.

Steve

How does import duty work on a kit with camera and lenses. There is no import duty on cameras but lenses are levied at 6.7%. As the eos m2 has 3 lenses, camera and EF adaptor I wonder how the import duty would be calculated ?

Hmmmm ..... ;)
No guarantee it will get caught I've had all sorts of ebay purchases from HK slip through the net the only stuff that always gets clobbered is from America I find!

Anyone out and about this weekend with their M's? Hoping to get half hour tonight after work to try my remote out.

Doubt it now. I'm on Ikea construction duty today. Looks like a nice day too. Grr! :-(

Just had a quick go with the remote that turned up the other day. Bargain for the price, shame no decent pics tho!!

Was about to order a remote for the M when it struck me that I had an old one that I used to use with a 450D, just tried it and it works fine so that's a couple of pounds saved.

What type of remote are you using? I am assuming an IR ty etc)pe (RC-5 or RC-6)?

Steve

Morning all. I would find it really interesting if you would post the lens that you use with your photos. :clap:

Just bought the m with flash and kit lens for £140 2nd hand on ebay.

Have also ordered the official EF adaptor and a 22mm lens for HK for £85 for the two.

Think I might sell on the kit lens and just use the 22mm and my existing EF lenses though.

Can't wait for it to arrive

Just bought the m with flash and kit lens for £140 2nd hand on ebay.

Have also ordered the official EF adaptor and a 22mm lens for HK for £85 for the two.

Think I might sell on the kit lens and just use the 22mm and my existing EF lenses though.

Can't wait for it to arrive
I also considered selling on the kit lens, but then decided against it, as its a nice small lightweight lens for when I don't want to carry round any extras.

I also considered selling on the kit lens, but then decided against it, as its a nice small lightweight lens for when I don't want to carry round any extras.

Had no issues with the kit lens, works well on the M, fits in nicely with 11-22 and 22 prime

Just need to decide if I need anything else, although the M fits nicely on my 500mm :D

Thought my knee was improving till an hour ago ehen it tried to bend sideways and I went down like a ton of bricks. Was holding my Red M with the 22mm at the time...... my sister's twins thought it hilsrious. Might have known. 17 years old today and with my M kit thst made 4 M cameras out for their birthday party.

Extra vote for the EF-M 18-55. It's a nice lens.

Steve

Back