Canon EOS M Series Cameras

Autumn on Ashridge Estate Canon M5 and Canon 17-55 F2.8

VutIUa9.jpg
:eek::D:canon:

A couple more from this weekend and the 32mm f/1.4. I can honestly say this is the first 50mm (equiv) lens ive actualy enjoyed using. It’s not perfect as far as FL goes, but its the best all rounder ive got.,
I went out with my mate onFriday night, and tried out his Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 MKII. It’s a really nice lens, much nicer than the first gen version, but i quickly gave it back and went back to using the 32mm.

Discarded
by Dave Pearce, on Flickr

Autumn

I really do think ill be selling my 5D4 sooner rather than later.

I can't remember who was looking for it, but MPB have an 18-55M lens atm for just £69! Bargain that. I think it might have been @twist ?

That really is a quality shot Adrian. I love the contrast and colours. Spot on.

Today was the first time ive been out with a lens other than my 32mm f/1.4. my beloved 18-135. I was raving about how good this les is on my M50 before, but the 32mm f/1.4 has really spoilt me. Although i still love the 18-135 i can see how much softer it is compared to the 32mm f/1.4. Not thats it’s bad, but that the 32mm us just so good. I definitely feel better about paying that much for a small prime lens now.

A couple from the 18-135 today

Big hair day in the square.

Female DJ in Trafalgar Square.

That really is a quality shot Adrian. I love the contrast and colours. Spot on.

Today was the first time ive been out with a lens other than my 32mm f/1.4. my beloved 18-135. I was raving about how good this les is on my M50 before, but the 32mm f/1.4 has really spoilt me. Although i still love the 18-135 i can see how much softer it is compared to the 32mm f/1.4. Not thats it’s bad, but that the 32mm us just so good. I definitely feel better about paying that much for a small prime lens now.

A couple from the 18-135 today

Big hair day in the square.

Female DJ in Trafalgar Square.

Thanks Dave for your comments much appreciated. The 18-135 lens certainly has some character to it,two great shots here.

Drat I'v just discovered the hard way that... when you tap send original size images from the M50 via wifi to your phone (which then subsequently syncs with your Mac) the files sent over are JPEG and not RAW! And being the muppet I am, I formatted the card so only have JPEGS now! DRAT! I wish that was made clearer!!!

Drat I'v just discovered the hard way that... when you tap send original size images from the M50 via wifi to your phone (which then subsequently syncs with your Mac) the files sent over are JPEG and not RAW! And being the muppet I am, I formatted the card so only have JPEGS now! DRAT! I wish that was made clearer!!!

Yeah, its always been like this with the Canon app. Ironically you can now use the app to transfer raw files to DPP Express on the ipad, but i cant imagine many people bothering.

I use Cascable on my iphone and ipad, that does transfer raw files over wifi from the camera.

Yeah, its always been like this with the Canon app. Ironically you can now use the app to transfer raw files to DPP Express on the ipad, but i cant imagine many people bothering.

I use Cascable on my iphone and ipad, that does transfer raw files over wifi from the camera.

Thanks Dave. - I will check this app out!

Having been away my m50 has had quite a bit of use, been back a week and only really just finished sorting pics out, still uploading to flickr though!

I didn't really know what to expect with fast moving subjects, but...I do quite like these!

IMG_1532 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

IMG_1533 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

IMG_1534 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

and a rainbow in the sea spray, just as tricky as dolphins!

IMG_1550 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Fabulous Dolphin pictures, Michael!

Out of interest (I have no plans to downsize to a M50 and have just sold my M5), how many frames per second did you shoot these on?

Having been away my m50 has had quite a bit of use, been back a week and only really just finished sorting pics out, still uploading to flickr though!

I didn't really know what to expect with fast moving subjects, but...I do quite like these!

IMG_1532 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

IMG_1533 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

IMG_1534 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

and a rainbow in the sea spray, just as tricky as dolphins!

IMG_1550 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Those are amazing! Was tis with the 55-200 m lens?

Thanks Robin, it was on the high mode, it's 10fps I think? These were also taken with a meike adapted 18-135 is stm lens.
Wonderful captures, I’d love to be in a position to shoot something like these.

It’s a shame the buffer cant keep up with the FPS rate when shooting raw. I find it very limiting as after 3 raw files i have to wait for the buffer to flush. I really should start shooting jpg more.

My first long(ish) exposure with my M50. I had it sitting on a wall but with my finger under the lens to elevate it slightly. Seems to have come out ok although i did blow the highlights out a bit. Will try again at some point.

Blue hour

Jurassic park comes to the Southbank

At the moment all I have Canon wise is my M5 and I am quite happy swapping between that and my Pentax full frame K1 for the time being. Only trouble is my Sigma 150-600mm sport is getting left at home as it's far too heavy for the M5 although the 100-400mm II is just about ok.

A short video from the m50 in the 4k mode, this was uploaded to youtube via premiere elements 12 in full hd as it doesn't do 4k, just added a little exposure otherwise straight out the camera with the 150-600c on a BeFree tripod.

View: https://youtu.be/0Ar_VImfWxU
I think you need a better tripod :). Cool capture though.

I think you need a better tripod :). Cool capture though.

Looks good! One thing worries me with my m50 vs the panny is the sensor wobble - always bugged me on mine too!

Yes a much better tripod is needed, i have one but only took the small one with me, the other is too heavy and there was no room lol, As the bird was very confiding and not flying off I thought I would try the video out to see what it was like. I am thinking about changing tripods at some point.

Now a couple of shots taken with the 150-600 of birds in flight, I think I used continuous af on these, though I can't remember, is there a way to check?

From a boat by the way..

surf scoter by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

surf scoter by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

It's not an easy combination to use, I didn't have a great deal of confidence when zooming, i#m not sure if its the construction of the meike adapter as well as the size of the camera, but it seemed to work and I got very similar results compared to my 7d2 in the same situation, I wasn't expecting anything usable.

It’s a shame the buffer cant keep up with the FPS rate when shooting raw. I find it very limiting as after 3 raw files i have to wait for the buffer to flush. I really should start shooting jpg more.

.... I don't know what the fastest type of card the M50 will support but as it's a fairly new camera it might support a faster write-speed card and that might possibly help your problem - It has certainly helped me on my EOS R when I moved from a SanDisk Extreme Pro 95Mb/s to a Sony SDXC UHS-II able to write up to 299Mb/s. I can shoot a burst of 45 images (only done that many as a test!) with zero lag and each image is a 38Mb RAW. An expensive card but I empty and reformat after every session rather than have lots of cards.

Back