Canon EOS M Series Cameras

Hi, there's a lot of posts in this thread, and although I think I've searched them it's always possible I missed something I'm looking for. Apologies if that's the case.

I have a Canon EOS M6, and I don't use it anywhere near as much as I could. However, on the few times I have used it, about one time in two, I find the ISO has 'moved' from Auto to 25600. The first time, I assumed that I'd clicked the ISO wheel around and not noticed.

The second time I was more dubious.

I got the camera out again yesterday, visually checked the settings, walked about for a bit, took some shots, wondered why the shutter speed was 4000/sec, stopped, checked and found the ISO on 25600 again.

I've turned off the touch screen this time to see if there's something about how I carry the camera around that's causing me to scroll the ISO setting via the touch screen. I'm almost certain I didn't turn the ISO wheel, I made no changes to exposure compensation and despite trying I can't turn the wheel while turning the camera on or off in a way which changes the ISO. So it feels like it has to be something about the touch screen.

A quick search on the web found a couple of old posts elsewhere from people who had the same experience as me, I wondered if anywhere here did?

Yes it's happened to me with my M6 many a time and it's the touch screen, you could in camera menu (spanner 3) disable touch operation but then you cant make touch screen changes, what I've done" camera menu (camera 1) shooting information/ toggle setting/custom setting 1, uncheck shooting info, (1) I have grid displayed, then in custom setting 2 uncheck shooting info and I only have Electronic level.
In shooting mode you will see the screen info for a second and then info clears, hope this helps

Yes it's happened to me with my M6 many a time and it's the touch screen, you could in camera menu (spanner 3) disable touch operation but then you cant make touch screen changes, what I've done" camera menu (camera 1) shooting information/ toggle setting/custom setting 1, uncheck shooting info, (1) I have grid displayed, then in custom setting 2 uncheck shooting info and I only have Electronic level.
In shooting mode you will see the screen info for a second and then info clears, hope this helps

Thanks, I'll have a play with those settings.

Thanks, I'll have a play with those settings.
Also Tony as another option, in camera menu (spanner 5, iso speed, change iso speed to 100 and iso auto to 100 to lock the iso, ive got mine set 1600 with my previous mentioned setup.

Good catch! I haven't tried my Sigma on the M50 yet, does it work well?

Anyone with the M6 Sigma 150-600 also works well.
ResizerImage1470X827.jpg

Last edited:
I found one on amazon warehouse " damaged box" for £465. with the "kit lens"
(I've bought stuff from the Amazon warehouse before and its been better than described).
Its supplied by Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L. so I doubt I'll get the £60 cash back ( Although I'll try :D )
But at that price Its no big deal if I don't.

Well that was a bit of a result. As above I doubted that I'd get the £60 cash back, even less so when I read all the T&C's "must be new" or some such and the e.receipt from
Amazon clearly stated "used" (I'm sure it wasn't).
I gave it a try yesterday, anyway. I just received confirmation that my claim has been approved and the £60 will be paid into my account in 4-6 weeks (y)

Last edited:
Well that was a bit of a result. As above I doubted that I'd get the £60 cash back, even less so when I read all the T&C's "must be new" or some such and the e.receipt from
Amazon clearly stated "used" (I'm sure it wasn't).
I gave it a try yesterday, anyway. I just received confirmation that my claim has been approved and the £60 will be paid into my account in 4-6 weeks (y)

great result that!

Treated meself to a Manfrotto backpack today and packs everything also has a strap on the side for me tripod.

ResizerImage702X1248-1.jpg
ResizerImage702X1248-2.jpg
ResizerImage702X1248-3.jpg

Last edited:
iso 6400 + lost quality uploading to youtube and still a very nice video Michael.

Thanks Jim, it was also lit with red torch light. I usually use my 7d2 and the 18-135, just decided to try the 4k option out with crops from the is to get me a slightly 'closer' image. Wish I had an f2.8 lens to film them or an f4 would help. Also would like something with better manual focus than the 18-135 which is really hard work with this lens.

Very nice Michael (y)

Thanks Chris.

Nice, very stable footage also, just the lens OIS or did you use the did stab on top?

Thanks Keith, it was actually tripod mounted, causing me to think it might introduce issues with the is, but that appears to be a myth. I had lens is on and then the enhanced digital is on in camera.

Anyone excited for the M6 II? Bump in resoloution, speed and a few other tricks like eye-AF in 4K

Not keen on it having no built in EVF, the M5 MKII will be mine though .... :snaphappy:

Yeah same here, couldn't be doing with no evf. Can see people fancying it for travel though. If the specs are anything to go by then the M5 II should be pretty sweet

Oh don't bloody start you two, I've only just bought the M50 :p

I finally got a half decent one (y)
Common Darter ( I think ) resting on Cordyline next to my pond.

by Cobra, on Flickr

A small Tortoiseshell ( I think) Painted lady I think its a bit battle weary and cross eyed as well :D

by Cobra, on Flickr

030a
by Cobra, on Flickr

Last edited:
And the underwing of small tortoiseshell is really dark too.

Yeah I definitely think the one I uploaded is a TS. On the spider above, how to distinguish between a Cross spider and your average Orb weaver [I tend to call all of this type of spider a weaver, they're everywhere right now too!] - before anyone says 'it'll look angrier' :D but seriously how to tell?

Last edited:
Back