Canon lead mirrorless sales in Japan

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Canon have taken market share in Japan of mirrorless camera sales according to this article.
This is thought mainly down to the the release of the R.

Does this signal the impending move to mirrorless systems?
I've invested a lot into the EF system and a switch to the R one would be no doubt very costly for all of us who have invested already.

Good news for Canon though.

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/...t-from-olympus-and-sony-thanks-to-canon-eos-r

There’s a couple of threads about this. The EOS R has adapters which according to some users here, work exceedingly well with the R.

Why would you need to switch? What’s wrong with your camera?
This
The Eos R is a first generation FF mirrorless from Canon hardly offering many if any improvements over their mirrored counterparts so unless you really need the features it offers for e.g. video Id wait for the second (or even third) generation. though offecource there is the coolness factor and the being a firstmover. The lenses few as they are should be awesome though.

Why would you need to switch? What’s wrong with your camera?
Nothing wrong at all with my cameras, but in the long term is it worth continuing the investment in the EF system? I'm slightly too young to remember the switch from FD to EF, but guess that some folk felt somewhat frustrated at the time. The unknown answer is how long will Canon still support EF cameras and lenses?
On the flip side will this bring current system prices down?
I've not looked at the R that much so not sure what the new mount brings with it that they couldn't have just kept the EF one. That's something that I'll have to look at going forward.
I'm considering a visit to the photography show this year so a chance to get hands on and some questions answered.

Back