Canon lp-6 battery

Name
stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
I seem to be having trouble changing one of my batteries all I'm getting is a rapidly blinking amber light it seems like the other battery charged ok least I hope it has are there any solutions I could try I tried the usual unplugging and replugging no matter how many times I do it it makes no difference

We have the same charger It done that on the other battery but it just blinks quickly for the other so I can only assume that the charger is ok and it's the battery gone

Must be the battery iv been doing all the solutions they said try iv triad them a few times

A few weeks ago my battery got totally used up and it took just over an hour to fully charge, but I had used it all day. If it is still blinking after an hour on charge, then yes it might be down to the battery.

The other one had no charge left what so ever and that seem to charge ok but this one has no at all as well but blinks normal twice and just blinks quickly after that

Same problem here, result was knackered battery. Mine could be charged and was usable with a cheapo Chinese charger that doesn't communicate with the battery but not the Canon one. I'd bin it and get a new one or get some Phottix ones at far less cost.

Bring a 2 cell Lipo (3.7v charged) I'd guess that they have built in minimum voltage protection, ie to prevent the batterys over discharging which will damage them a protection circuit will cut off at 3.1v . If the battery voltage is still below this after 20 seconds then the communication warning will trigger on the canon charger. I'd be tempted to check the cell voltage with a volt meter if you have one.

Being a 2 cell Lipo (3.7v charged) I'd guess that they have built in minimum voltage protection, ie to prevent the batterys over discharging which will damage them a protection circuit will cut off at 3.1v . If the battery voltage is still below this after 20 seconds then the communication warning will trigger on the canon charger. I'd be tempted to check the cell voltage with a volt meter if you have one.

Ordered a couple of 3rd party spare batterys from Amazon and thought I'd get the scales out...genuine canon battery 77g new 3rd party batterys 72g old 3rd party batterys....50g!!! No wonder they didn't last as long glad to see the new batterys are working and charging as well as indication of battery% correctly on the mk4

Back