Canon outlet (refurbished)

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone bought a refurbished camera from the canon outlet on ebay, and if so was it in good condition?

I started a thread about it here

Ive bought a few things off them, 20d, 1dmkII, Canon s820 printer, Canon B820-Fax, and a few other bits... Alll arrived quickly at amazing prices and totally brandnew in appearance with all accessories youd expect with a new one. I will be buying from them again.

But, there are meant to be problems when they mess the order up in that they wont replace the item instead they refund and expect you to bid on another, so you could end up not getting it as cheaply 2nd time around.

I will be getting my 5D from there soon enough, im not sure whether to get my 5D from them though, as they are going for £1400ish and can be bought from stores for £1700 with £200 cash back... im happy to pay £100 to get the camera in my hand that day rather than waiting for it to be delivered.

I have bought a couple of lenses from them too.

Re-furbished.. I don't think so...:shake:

They were brand spanking new complete in there original packaging.

Was quite happy with them and would indeed buy from them again although they have quite a few negative feedback.:)

thanks. it seems most of the negative feedbacks were due to people not reading the payment options properly. it says you cant pay using the normal paypal link on ebay but have to go into their checkout first.
if people dont read...they deserve all they get!!!

I started a thread about it here

Ive bought a few things off them, 20d, 1dmkII, Canon s820 printer, Canon B820-Fax, and a few other bits... Alll arrived quickly at amazing prices and totally brandnew in appearance with all accessories youd expect with a new one. I will be buying from them again.

But, there are meant to be problems when they mess the order up in that they wont replace the item instead they refund and expect you to bid on another, so you could end up not getting it as cheaply 2nd time around.

I will be getting my 5D from there soon enough, im not sure whether to get my 5D from them though, as they are going for £1400ish and can be bought from stores for £1700 with £200 cash back... im happy to pay £100 to get the camera in my hand that day rather than waiting for it to be delivered.

Don't forget the £200 cash back is finishing at the end of the month.

Don't forget the £200 cash back is finishing at the end of the month.

I havent forgot, went to buy one today... Jessops in the Trafford were almost very helpful... id forgotten to take my price match print-out with me and they tried to help by checking themselves... unfortunately their restricted internet access couldnt connect to bristol cameras so I walked away without one.. :(

When you say it ends at the end of the month does that mean i need to buy it before then, or submit the cash back application before then?

Went to buy the 5D and 30" Apple display, came away with niether... not a happy Darryn.:shake:

I have bought a couple of lenses from them too.

Re-furbished.. I don't think so...:shake:

They were brand spanking new complete in there original packaging.

Was quite happy with them and would indeed buy from them again although they have quite a few negative feedback.:)

To be honest 98.7% out of 19,950 transactions wouldn't put me off in the slightest. And if, as Janice pointed out, a lot of the neagtive feedback is due to people not reading the small print about payment, it makes it all the more impressive.

I work in retail, and no matter how hard you try, some customers expectations are just too far removed from what is reasonable to not get some customer complaints.

Anyone know if Nikon have a similar outlet?

Digital rev have quite a good reputation i think, even if you get stung for import and vat they reimburse you it, as long as it says so in the ad !

Only time i have heard it go wrong is if things dont arrive or whatever then it takes some time to resolve.

Can anyone please check this item for me on Ebay...

5D with a 28-105f4 lens and is VAT FREE... it seems too good to be true.

Digital Revs are well known and a genuine outfit so I would say it's OK as long as you don't mind having no UK warranty - which I wouldn't be happy with tbh.

hmmm interesting ! does say 24-105 on both and shows the same lens in the pic ! Great price for it at 1400 odd !

Top of the 1469 add says body only, the info at the bottom seems wrong, so i suspect 1469 for body and 2099 with the 24-105

Dont know wether to order, its a good deal without the lens and amazing if the lens is included. Ive "ask Seller a question" so hopefully I will get a reply in the next few hours.... unless one of you guys snaps it up.

To be honest 98.7% out of 19,950 transactions wouldn't put me off in the slightest. And if, as Janice pointed out, a lot of the neagtive feedback is due to people not reading the small print about payment, it makes it all the more impressive.

I work in retail, and no matter how hard you try, some customers expectations are just too far removed from what is reasonable to not get some customer complaints.

Very good reply and so very true..(y)

Anyone know if Nikon have a similar outlet?

Mmmmm, Dunno. What do they make cars or summat..:shrug:

;)

Very good reply and so very true..(y)

Mmmmm, Dunno. What do they make cars or summat..:shrug:

;)

hmmm, without starting a Canon vs Nikon debate ;) - I have to say that I'm still not convinced.

Seeing as I sell the damn things you'd think I'd have a better idea, but whilst I'll concede that the Canon 350D is arguably the better spec'd camera, I like my camera's to be like my women ......... with plenty to hold on to :naughty:

On a serious note though, still undecided, and price will have a fairly big part to play, which makes the Canon Outlet quite interesting :)

I havent forgot, went to buy one today... Jessops in the Trafford were almost very helpful... id forgotten to take my price match print-out with me and they tried to help by checking themselves... unfortunately their restricted internet access couldnt connect to bristol cameras so I walked away without one.. :(

When you say it ends at the end of the month does that mean i need to buy it before then, or submit the cash back application before then?

Went to buy the 5D and 30" Apple display, came away with niether... not a happy Darryn.:shake:

I think as long as you have purchased it before the end of October. The application must reach them by 15th November. Below is a link to the terms and conditions.

http://canoneos5dpromotion.onlinerebates.com/terms.aspx

Warehouse express are selling it for £1549 after cash back.

Yup, thats amongst the best prices ive found so far, I can get it for £1530 from Hongkong or £1500 off Kerso...

The payment options offered by WarehouseExpress mean I will probably end up getting it off there TBH, been an expensive month and ive little spare cash... my visa is nice and empty though...

Yup, thats amongst the best prices ive found so far, I can get it for £1530 from Hongkong or £1500 off Kerso...

The payment options offered by WarehouseExpress mean I will probably end up getting it off there TBH, been an expensive month and ive little spare cash... my visa is nice and empty though...

As I've posted in another thread I bought mine from Jessops, and had them price match Bristol cameras which at the time were selling it for £1650 before cash back. I notice it's gone up since then. As you may know Jessops price match on DSLR's offer 110% of the difference, which in my case was another £30 off. Kerso deal looks good but I would check if you can still claim the cash back as it's not quite the same as the voucher scheme for the lenses.

according to customs laws an SLR is not considered within the same category as a video camera and is not liable for tax/duty upon entry to this country and EU, something about static data recording, its in recent AP news section so its worth thinking about should anyone try and pull a fast one if you order from abroad...smaller digi-cams with video recording capability are being considered for extra duty should they be deemed to fall in the video camera class.

The payment options offered by WarehouseExpress mean I will probably end up getting it off there
Jessops use the same company for their credit, and you can have it for 12 months as to W.H.E. 9 months.

Wasnt meaning that much credit... I was simply meaning Visa... im unsure if Kerso takes Visa as a payment option, im now waiting for him to get back to me before ordering.

Wasnt meaning that much credit... I was simply meaning Visa... im unsure if Kerso takes Visa as a payment option, im now waiting for him to get back to me before ordering.

Kerso does take Visa. :)

Curiously he said he wanted off line payment away from Paypal. When I queried the actual mechanics of how he wanted me to pay (via Visa) he replied saying - use Paypal. :thinking:

:D

Thats great news... thanks CT, just need Kerso to comfirm that and tell me if he wants a bit extra to cover the Paypal fees.. :D

Also a big sorry to Janice, ive kinda hi-jacked this thread a LOT.... if one of the admins wants to delete or move all my stuff that would be great.

Can anyone please check this item for me on Ebay...

5D with a 28-105f4 lens and is VAT FREE... it seems too good to be true.

Where does it say it includes the lens?

I must be blind I can not see it.

Anyway Digital Rev are excellent.

Bear in mind though you get a genuine canon warranty. I got a printer from them which turned out to be faulty at a bargain price. Rather than get a refund I returned it to canon who fixed it and had it back to me in about a week.

Where does it say it includes the lens?

I must be blind I can not see it.

Anyway Digital Rev are excellent.

Wooohhh.... thats scarey, they have changed the item description with no "edit" flags highlighted.... Thats a disturbing ability they have got there.

Trust me, it did say it included a 24-105f4 lens.

must have been an error. I bet they were engulfed with offers, then realised heir mistake.

Just remember that buying from Kerso will mean that the body is not covered by CANON UK WARRANTY.

Canon do not honour Warranties from other countries and Kerso's equipment, I believe, comes from the states.

Not trying to put a dampner on things, just something well worth considering.

Just remember that buying from Kerso will mean that the body is not covered by CANON UK WARRANTY.

Canon do not honour Warranties from other countries and Kerso's equipment, I believe, comes from the states.

Not trying to put a dampner on things, just something well worth considering.

Fair comment. Obviously people need to make their own judgement.

Just to clarify the position though.... whilst this is true with camera bodies, I was under the impression that Canon lenses carry a full international warranty regardless of the country of origin?

Just to clarify the position though.... whilst this is true with camera bodies, I was under the impression that Canon lenses carry a full international warranty regardless of the country of origin?

And you are quite correct Cedric, Lenses have full warranty throughout the globe. Bodies do not..;)

Also Ian Kerr (kerso) does give full warranty with all Canon hardware.. Lenses and Camera bodies, He will guarantee that if you email him..;)

And you are quite correct Cedric, Lenses have full warranty throughout the globe. Bodies do not..;)

Also Ian Kerr (kerso) does give full warranty with all Canon hardware.. Lenses and Camera bodies, He will guarantee that if you email him..;)

I think this is something we need to get sorted, as it's really important that we don't give duff information to members.

As far as 'grey' imports are concerned, it's my understanding that Canon do have an obligation to honour the warranty and can't in fact refuse to do so. What they can, and probably will do, is insist that you return it to the country of origin at your own expense for warranty work. In other words, maximum inconvenience and hassle guaranteed.

The situation was much the same with Nikon according to a Nikon dealer I used to deal with.

If anyone has a different understanding of the situation it would benefit everyone to let us know.

Don't know if this is any help on the 5D, >>>>>>>http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/prod10.html
if the £200 cash back is on as well it makes it just over th2K for body and lens.

Hope this helps

Jim

I dont need the Lens, im more than happy with the ones ive got atm, the body only price everywhere seems to be around £1749 - £200 cashback.... thats £50 more than Kerso, but it comes with a UK Warranty, I suppose its all down to wether I think the UK Warranty is worth that compared to the Warranty that Kerso offers... Ill have to ask him before i can make a final descision.

CT's right, we could do with some sort of clarification, but I have heard before that he does offer warranty. Whether or not you return it to him and he returns it to the states on your behalf or something, I have no idea.

Would be worth checking though :)

I forgot to ask Kerso about the warranty last night, I did get a definately "Yes" to Visa via paypal though....

Unfortunately he adds 3% to the total to cover Paypal fees... which is totally understandable but pushs the deal futher away from being the bargain it first appeared.

Off Kerso its £1500 for body, £120 for Grip, £20 postage, £49 PP fee = £1689

Off WHE its £1749-£200 for body, £150 for Grip, £8 postage = £1707

A total saving of £18 which unfortunately makes the deal less appealing due to the NON-UK warranty issues... So I am now waiting for Ians response to my Warranty questions, Im also asking if he can do anything with the price If i was to buy 2 bodies (wouldnt mind a spare spare) before ordering tomorrow.

Back