Canon picture styles for sports

Name
Robin
Edit My Images
Yes
For Jpeg shooters Canon recommends using Neutral or Standard with sharpness set at 2 or 3.

For sports I intend to shoot in Large Jpeg only.

What do you use and do you change anything in the normal setting in the style.

JPG large only here as well.. I use standard with sharp set to 3 and its bang on.... I am guessing a lot depends on what lens your using as well.....so not one answer for all.,

Thanks Kipax that's what I have mine set as.

For Jpeg shooters Canon recommends using Neutral or Standard with sharpness set at 2 or 3.

For sports I intend to shoot in Large Jpeg only.

What do you use and do you change anything in the normal setting in the style.

As a complete novice I left it in standard and didnt even change the sharpness with the IS mode set to 2 on the lens last season. So this year Id like to mess about with these settings. Don't Canon have a custom settings page on their site?

I leave in on standard and 3 if shooting jpeg.

You can of course make your own picture style if required, but I've yet to meet anyone who has actually made one for themselves

Standard, 3 sharpeness for me. Have contrast/tone/saturation all in 1 as well.

Gary I never had an early 1D so don't know about the custom tone curves, but can you not do everything you need in picture style editor. Make your adjustment save the style with a new name then load into the camera and every shot will be how you want it.

I know not an effect you'd want but will this not do what's needed.

38.jpg

I didnt even know about that.. I even have it installed but lost wiht lots of other software... the simple answers are so hard sometimes... good one Mark :) gonna play wiht that this aft

Back