1. Stuart Philpott

Stuart Philpott

Name:
    Stu
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I make images with a canon 1Div of almost exclusively wildlife,almost all HH. There are odd occassions though when I want to sit back,chill and trigger a prefocused lens on a tiny tripod remotely Mainly this is for me at home playing with me ickle mates in the garden to try and catch incoming to perches

I'm wondering what canon remotes might be suitable and also if they might be usable not only with my 1Div but also with later generations of camera body.

I'm sort of curious as to what options there are for remote triggering, I haven't really done my usual research this is a bit spur of the moment, it has to be said.

Cheers for any and all replies.in advance even if only to say go do ya homework lol

many thanks

stu

2. troutfisher

troutfisher

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  3. Kell

Kell

Name:
    Kell
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Not sure of your model, but because my 80d has wireless connectivity, it can be triggered remotely via the Canon IOS app.

You can adjust aperture, shutter speed and ISO from the phone and tap the screen (which gives you live view) to focus on different areas if you like.

I've only used it once, but it proved pretty useful.

Other than that, there's a cheapo Canon remote that you just point at the camera and it will fire. This doesn't require wireless and worked with my old 600d. Though, from memory, I think it was infrared and so it only worked if you were in front of the camera pointing it at the sensor.

Finally, there's the wired shutter release cable.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 5:08 PM
  4. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    @Stuart Philpott
    I went over to Fuji from Canon three or four years ago, but the other night whilst clearing out a bag came across a little wireless remote.
    It has the leads for both types of jack that Canon use, its one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Wireless-Remote-Control-Release-ca-1/dp/B001CSNU10
    it was used with a 5D which has the square type connector and a 400D which has the 2.5mm jack

Still works well, I was good and had taken the batteries out, if you are interested let me know and i'll stick it on the classifieds for not much moolah

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 5:24 PM
  5. Stuart Philpott

Stuart Philpott

Name:
    Stu
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Chris Kell Chris ,cheers guys ,thanks so much for your time. I am a bit technology challenged guys.I hate even having a mobile jeepers i'm sat in a wood in me hols for god sake and me boss rings me up,I hate the damn thing, so as well as being primitive;) ,i'm maybe one of the few in blighty that doesn't have the sophistication required to use an app thingy or probably the ability to work it if i'm brutally honest.

I do have a mobile,i'm simply forced to because of my work. I think my old phone is powered by mice on a wheel,so sadly Kell and Rich these options are probably not available to me ,I do appreciate your time and kindness though guys, I will look in more depth though at your suggestions At some stage my means to talk to my lass and tell her I'm safe might fa.l Or simply I will drop it again and it won't cope with being put back together.:(

Rich, mate, spare me a couple of days please bro.,I wouldn't want to waste your time, I'm an absolute basket case with grafting too much,it's properly harsh at the moment , it's good ,but harsh!! , within what I do . I asked for ideas, because I simply don't know what is available ,didn't bank on an offer,cheers bro very kind.:cool: I need a tool Rich,this looks right for what I want I need,I think I've got the mini jack in the 1Div but need to be sure on that;)

cheers guys very kind ,THANKS all :)

stu

swanseamale47 likes this.
  6. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    No probs Stu, I believe the 1D4 has the square N3 connection, in fact pretty certain it has, I have the lead for that too because it was the same on my 5D mkII
    If you fancy it let me know and i'll bung it on the classifieds, it ain't going anywhere, after all been sat in a bag for three years

Cheers
    Rich

7. soupdragon

soupdragon

Name:
    Tony
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Does the 1d4 have LAN?

I use a 60ft LAN cable to tether my idx2 to a MacBook.

8. Stuart Philpott

Stuart Philpott

Name:
    Stu
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Tony , I don't think so and would rather wireless than a cable,but let me check properly. cheers for the help bro,I'm not discounting anything at this time !!

Rich cheers for baring with me,I'm still playing catch up!!! I have a round N3 connection point the manual seems to indicate a small lead?? So is there an adaption lead from that mini jack to the N3 ?? You are indicating there is one for the square N3 so maybe for round aswell.i'll have a dig mate

cheers muchly both:)
    stu

9. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  10. Ploddles

Ploddles

Edit My Images:
    Yes