Beginner Canon T5i Giving No Details and Sharpness, Noise in the Pictures...Help Required

yeah maybe am looking for pixel level details and am not getting that
I have seen pictures of the same equipment and that were giving details on pixel level.... so what is wrong with my settings/equipment?

Zooming to 100% is the best way to highlight every little problem with the shot. Zooming beyond 100% makes it worse.

As folks have suggested, your problem is most likely focus not being spot on.

If you shoot in good light falling on your subject from over your shoulder, set your aperture to F8-F11 and nail focus, then you will get lots more detail.

Looks like you're zooming in beyond 100% and ANY lens/camera combo will look non-sharp when you do that.

The pelican looks more than acceptably sharp considering the kit, with the deer you've missed the focus point slightly and with the building the bit that is in focus is the bottom middle, taking a crop from far away from here will inevitably be soft but that's because it is out of focus, not because the kit isn't sharp.
Can you tell me how to keep focus on the whole subject? if for example, i took the picture of that building having focus at center, but what if i want to make focus on every point ?

oh, do make sure the jpg compression isn't on high. Not sure on Canon nomenclature but on other cameras you want it on fine or superfine, not normal.

I have not considered it yet.... but that can be a good solution :)

Can you tell me how to keep focus on the whole subject? if for example, i took the picture of that building having focus at center, but what if i want to make focus on every point ?

That isn't necessarily possible but you use a small aperture (large number) and focus around a third into the depth of the image.

I think you have it set to focus on whatever is closest across the whole frame, in your photo on the long exposure thread it was focussed on the branches around the edge of frame, not the lake/mountains. The camera doesn't know what you want in focus so you have to have it in a mode where you can do that.

What do you say about this picture?
I feel this picture a little bit vibrant when i zoom it on subjectIMG_0428.JPG for editing purpose .

It's hard to tell on my phone but don't be afraid to manual focus on non moving stuff;-)

Your problems are technique, and unrealistic expectations.

In particular here, read up on focusing methods, and understand depth-of-field (the zone of sharpness within the picture and how it changes). If you zoom in on any image, it will start to degrade - but that's not how we're supposed to view photos. Also, lenses are always sharper in the centre of the frame, less sharp towards the edges and corners.

If the OP reads only two posts in this whole thread he will surely succeed ;
RichardtheSane and Cobra hit many nails on the head.
Follow only what they said and you will do it!

water droplets... but I guess I missed it :p

Well, I think you hit some of them, but the rest are not sharp due to being either in front of or behind your point of focus.

Your problems are technique, and unrealistic expectations.

In particular here, read up on focusing methods, and understand depth-of-field (the zone of sharpness within the picture and how it changes). If you zoom in on any image, it will start to degrade - but that's not how we're supposed to view photos. Also, lenses are always sharper in the centre of the frame, less sharp towards the edges and corners.
I just compared my pictures with other camera pictures that made me think so

yeah maybe am looking for pixel level details and am not getting that
Your camera has 18 megapixels. On a standard type of computer monitor you get about 100 pixels per inch. So if you zoom in to look at pixel level detail, the full image would be about 52" wide x 35" high. In other words, it's roughly equivalent to a 63" television. Stop for a minute and visualise how big that is. Now ask yourself how much those pixel level details *really* matter to you.

Your camera has 18 megapixels. On a standard type of computer monitor you get about 100 pixels per inch. So if you zoom in to look at pixel level detail, the full image would be about 52" wide x 35" high. In other words, it's roughly equivalent to a 63" television. Stop for a minute and visualise how big that is. Now ask yourself how much those pixel level details *really* matter to you.

Yes I agree it was my misunderstanding

You can set the camera to take raw&jpg simultaneously, you'll get less shots in a burst but it'll give you a post processing option if you want it

Back