canon uk repairs

Name
eddy
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this is in the right place but whos had any repairs done at canons uk repair center. I sent my eos 60d to them last week with focus issues and so far all ive heard back is the email confirming receipt last friday. Every time i check the link to see how its progressing its still the same " the repair is being processed " now i know repair times are currently 10 working days (or 2 weeks) but so far it doesn't even seem to have been looked at so is this normal ???

I have had a couple of repairs done by them and found they are not good at keeping you up to date, I needed a part for a lens that was not in stock and was going to take 4 weeks to come in, I only found this out when I rang after 2 weeks to ask where the lens was.

eddyc said:
Not sure if this is in the right place but whos had any repairs done at canons uk repair center. I sent my eos 60d to them last week with focus issues and so far all ive heard back is the email confirming receipt last friday. Every time i check the link to see how its progressing its still the same " the repair is being processed " now i know repair times are currently 10 working days (or 2 weeks) but so far it doesn't even seem to have been looked at so is this normal ???

I took my lens today! I'm a CPS member so it's 3 days! Maybe they do it between the 10 days!

When I sent my 100-400 to Elstree it was "being processed" until it was despatched back to me - I found them excellent but not very informative.

Maybe someone needs to feed this back to canon uk ?

When I sent my 100-400 to Elstree it was "being processed" until it was despatched back to me - I found them excellent but not very informative.

Exactly the same with my 17-55.

Well that gives me a bit of hope then, maby it wont take the 2 weeks then that they are quoting. My bigest concern atm is the warranty though the camera was bought as a reconditioned model via canon uk on ebay so im hoping they stand over it and i dont end up with a big repair bill on the mouth of christmas. The terms stated 1 years warranty and thats why i sent it straight to canon rather than go through ebay as id hoped it would be quicker.

Until I read this thread I heard they were very informative keeping you updated via text etc. I'm guessing that's only for CPS members. Maybe a different team handles the CPS members.

I'm concerned about my lens as I want the feedback before giving the go ahead.

When I've used them they've only told me it was received and then told me it was despatched back to me unless there was something the engineer needed to know to carry out the work or they needed payment.
For example I sent a lens for calibration and they rang to ask what model of camera body I used it with as apparently it would make the calibration better (sounded odd to me but they rang purely for that information).
Once you've got them on the phone for whatever reason they do give more detail if there's more detail to give, but if it's just a queue there's not a lot for them to tell you.

I sent a camera back 4 weeks ago with a small problem under warranty - I had good communication throughout, and from the date of my posting to having the item back was an incredible 11 days.

What was particularly good was on a Friday I had an email saying the camera would be back with me on the Monday and I was given tracking information.

Following the tracking it turned out they had infact sent the camera out to Germany to be fixed, so my experience was extremely lucky I guess

I got an email confirmation at 5:15 today saying my lens was ready for collection. Now I tried to call but they were closed. I just hope it's fixed!

Providing all goes well, 26 hours for a repair its outstanding especially when they quote 3 days for CPS gold.

Wish i was as lucky.
To be honest i can understand they are busy but if id taken my car to the garage to be looked at and had no word for a week then contacted them to see whats happening and they hadn't even looked at it it would be taken elsewhere to be fixed. Its the lack of contact that really annoys me most though.

I had some lenses sent in recently to Canon UK - they got passed over to H Lehman to speed things up. Decent enough communication from CanonUK but Lehmans have been brilliant.... in fact, two camera have gone down last week so they've been sent to Lehmans and within two days, I had the quote.

I had some lenses sent in recently to Canon UK - they got passed over to H Lehman to speed things up. Decent enough communication from CanonUK but Lehmans have been brilliant.... in fact, two camera have gone down last week so they've been sent to Lehmans and within two days, I had the quote.

Personally I wouldn't be happy with that. As a CPS member I'd like to think they would do the service in house. I know they are all fairly good but the quality of work seems to be the best at Canon Elstree.

Personally I wouldn't be happy with that. As a CPS member I'd like to think they would do the service in house. I know they are all fairly good but the quality of work seems to be the best at Canon Elstree.

I'm not CPS, so don't know if that had an effect. Basically, if canonUk had kept them it would have taken twice as long....

Had issues with other repairers of late so was happy to have good comms with both CanonUK and Lehmans. In the end, the lenses i sent off were straight returns - not cost effective to repair - and I'm hesitant about the camera body repairs they're looking to not be cost-effective.

Last edited:
We the camera arrived back this afternoon so i didnt get a lot of time to play with it but i did shoot a few handheld shots of the wife and they were now pin sharp, you can now count the eyelashes around the eye so i must say I'm impressed. The note that came back said they adjusted some internal parts and fixed flash issues i didnt even know i had. Cant wait now to get out and take some photos and put it through its paces.

heres a quick one of the dog infront of the fire with the 55-250 cant believe how sharp it is now

IMG_62071.jpg

Back