Canonet 28

DpM

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, spoted one of these at my mums tonight and bought it home with me.
We were given it when on holiday in Oz back in 1992. there was even a film still in it from god knows when (at least 13 years if not more). I have not used it since I was about 12 (now 28). Is it worth getting some film in it to have a play with? I was thinking B&W.

I'd finish the film off, put it through for processing and see if the camera still works. Then take it from there.

FWIW, if the shutter's not sticking and the metering works, it's a lovely little camera - I'm in the midst of (slowly) refurbishing a Canonet QL-19 and it handles really well - sadly, mine has the stuck-shutter problem, and I'm trying to psych myself up to dismantling the lens to get to the shutter blades and give 'em a good clean.:eek:

Is it like this one I've been given ?

I'd be keen to see how you get on. I'm not sure whether to keep this or try and flog it.

3933008752_901aec5333_b.jpg

Its the very same one, only mine no longer has the case it deteriorated so badly it had to be thrown out years ago.
The film in it was already at the end so I wound it back and my mum will get it developed. Will be interesting to see what is on it.:LOL:
I checked the battery in it last night and that is in A1 condition so ill see if the metering works tonight.

Anyone know it the aperture ring works? I see it goes down to 2.8 and with a 40mm lens I thought it might be good for some B&W portrait shots.

FWIW, if the shutter's not sticking and the metering works, it's a lovely little camera - I'm in the midst of (slowly) refurbishing a Canonet QL-19 and it handles really well - sadly, mine has the stuck-shutter problem, and I'm trying to psych myself up to dismantling the lens to get to the shutter blades and give 'em a good clean.:eek:

Very brave! My Canonet is a nice looking ornament now because of the same shutter sticking problem.

It's the first one of this series - the one with a 45mm f/1.9 lens... :crying:

Bad news on that ekimeno my Canonet is still working, put a test film trough it and it looks ok, meter I think is a bit off, but I can work around that.

DpM give it a try a 40mm lens would be ok for doing half length portriats but think it is a little wide for doing full face ones.

But hey, give it a go and post the results up (y)

Dinners that looks liek a first class load of stuff you have, I would give it ago with a couple rolls of film then decided on weather to sell it or not. :D

Mines the second series Ekimeno...

or as it looks at the moment... :eek:

Anyone got a lens-wrench I could borrow for a couple of days :LOL:

Dinners that looks liek a first class load of stuff you have, I would give it ago with a couple rolls of film then decided on weather to sell it or not. :D

I might well do that. It came from an old lady (friend of the family) who was clearing out her house and knew I liked my photography. She was very tidy and she said it was all working perfectly when she packed it all away in the big leather case. I know I'm not meant to ask what things are worth but I'm a bit strapped just now and she did say get rid of it if I didn't want it.

Complete novice question but what scanner do you use to get the film shots onto your PC?

It's expensive but at the minute I get the scanning done by whoever does the processing and the transfer the scans from CD to PC.

Life would be much cheaper and easier if I did more of the process myself.

Good luck with that! :eek: :LOL:

:LOL: thanks - I may just need a healthy dose of luck tbh... Though in fairness, it was a basket case already - not mint enough to be a shelf-camera (couple of dings in the casing and fairly mankey), Lens assembly was loose to the point of wobbling 2-3mm side to side, and the battery attachments were green, furry and not attached to any wiring anymore. On the plus side it was free - a gift from a mate, who got it in a cardboard box of assorted crepe from a car boot sale :LOL: So - working on the basis that most people wreck the first camera they attempt to fix, it seemed like the basis of a project :D:D

Oh my... that is just a big mess of wires and stuff - my brain is hurting already :geek:

You should see the service instruction book i googled up from somewhere! - theres something like 32 sides of A4 covered in those old fashioned exploded diagrams, all with part numbers rather than names :eek::eek:

You should see the service instruction book i googled up from somewhere! - theres something like 32 sides of A4 covered in those old fashioned exploded diagrams, all with part numbers rather than names :eek::eek:

I think I've seen that one. :puke:

Back