Cant Get CPL Filter Off

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
:help: please i have a CPL filter on my lens and cant get it off can anyone advise on the best way to get it of without damage to the lens? :(

Thanks in advance

Have you got one of those rubber mat type things to unscrew jams jars?

Mouse mat or rubber sole on shoe. Press hard into it and then twist lens
Tell you what. You go first so we can all have a laugh.

scrag; what you need is a filter wrench, as Carl V has suggested. While other methods may work, a wrench will your only guarantee of coming out of this with both your filter and pride intact.

Try a rubber band around the filter it may just give you the grip you need to remove it Best of luck
Bob

Ill try the rubber band method if not i will have to get a wrench, its only been on a few weeks and i didnt put it on that tight, well i thought i didnt :bang:

thanks for the replies guys

You probably didn't put it on tight, but when you turn the polariser it tightens a bit more every time. I have the same problem. As said above, get one of those rubber loop things for taking the top of jars (not the cone shaped things) they work a treat. Hope the link works, but this is the sort I use. It'll seperate two filters jammed together too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Multi-Jar-and...14&_trkparms=72:1686|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Dose anyone know where i can get a 82mm filter wrench ? as i have also got a CPL stuck:shake:

Back