Can't Get Used To.......

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Film photography.

I took my first film shots for oh.. 25 years, on tuesday night. Blimey its much more difficult than I thought, where's the screen, you have to remember to wind on, how do you change F numbers aaargh.
And worse than that, as we took them at college we have to wait till next tuesday before we do the 'how to develop film' lesson. Easy tiger, patience is a virtue.

I did enjoy though, it makes you think far more about setting up.

Andy

bit I find most difficult is manual focus i'm thinking of getting an adaptor for my 400d to hone it a little before wasting anymore film!

Must admit it is great fun though! I have just started using film for the first time, then bought some chemicals to process them, and just yesterday I got a film scanner :D

bit I find most difficult is manual focus i'm thinking of getting an adaptor for my 400d to hone it a little before wasting anymore film!
you don't need an adaptor you can just use manual focus, simply flick the switch on the side of the lens.

Welcome to the club Andy.

After several weeks now using film cameras again i still look at the camera back to check the results :D

ITs certainly a very different experience and the more manual the camera the more you have to think, but the more rewarding the results are as a result.

Everyone who buys a digital SLR should be given an old manual film one free, its the best way to hone your skills :D :D :D

It's WAY harder to manually focus on a 400D than most film cameras!
I've got a bunch* of Olympus OMs and they are a joy to manually focus, but I still can't do it properly on my 400D. The viewfinder is too small and it's got no split-prism on it.

*OK, I'm addicted!

you don't need an adaptor you can just use manual focus, simply flick the switch on the side of the lens.

switching an af lens to manual isn't the same... much more fiddly

Back