Can't see any pictures on my Fuji video clips

Name
Simon Everett
Edit My Images
Yes
What have I done wrong please folks? I took some video clips f Anna (my wife) singing and while there is noise there are no pictures when I load it into Movie Maker (the only thing I have got for video - and one I can work. I tried another one, but I had to get rid of it because I couldn't even work out how to get a video clip into to try to edit it. yes, I am VERY bad with computers or technology in general. Downloading, for example, I need someone to help me do it to show me what to do. So why can't I see the video in Movie maker, but it worked for the D4s videos (before it was lost in the bike crash).

I use Adobe Premier Elements 14 for video editing, the latest is version 15. I find it does all I want including even working on one frame and alters the complete video, just like adjusting a photo. well worth the money for video work for people like me non professional. I even found out how to turn he whole video upside down with it

,Yes I know bit strange but videoed my dog at ground level upside down using a monopod with camcorder on the end then turned the video around.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2neVnTkqPAM

Last edited:
What have I done wrong please folks? I took some video clips f Anna (my wife) singing and while there is noise there are no pictures when I load it into Movie Maker (the only thing I have got for video - and one I can work. I tried another one, but I had to get rid of it because I couldn't even work out how to get a video clip into to try to edit it. yes, I am VERY bad with computers or technology in general. Downloading, for example, I need someone to help me do it to show me what to do. So why can't I see the video in Movie maker, but it worked for the D4s videos (before it was lost in the bike crash).

Can you use Mediainfo and tell us what the contents of the Fuji file and the D4s file are?

Moviemaker is quite old and can't deal with some formats, and not sure about anything higher than 1080p.
You could convert to .avi which it will open with a free program - www.handbrake.fr is a good one.

Thanks for your answrs guys - but can some of you translate into analogue age English for me please? You are all advanced computer users, I am not.

Can I use medianinfo.... possibly, if I knew what it was and what I was looking for when I was on it. The settings on both camera were done for 1080, because I was told 4k takes hge amounts of memory and my computer isn't that big.

Convert to avi and get a new program...... I wish people tell you that you have to go to all this trouble BEFORE you buy a new camera. I think I will just get rid of the camera gear and go back to something simpler. It is far too involved to go through all that. Sorry if you like doing it. I like Movie Maker because it was just a matter of dropping the clips in and then saving it to convert to something that could be used...job done. I didn't do any fancy changes or cutting and pasting or anything. I don't have the knowledge to do all that kind of thing. It sounds like I am stuck and the Fuji camera is no good for video for me.

Cameras record video using a combination of video codec (MPEG2-2, MPEG 4-2, MPEG4-10 (aka H.264), H.265...), audio codec (PCM, MPEG1 layer 3 (MP3), MPEG2-3, AAC, ...) and wrapper (AVI, MPG, MOV, MP4, MXF, ...).

(It used to be the same in Digital Stills, but the industry standardised on a couple of formats)

Not all software can deal with all combinations thereof. Mediainfo tells you what the file contains. If you have a known working and non-working, we can tell you how to change the non-working in to working.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

It is very much more involved than my old Nikon P7800 compact which I used before...and even the D4s was easier than this! Auto everything will do to get me started!

Back