Name
Mario
Edit My Images
Yes
Am I the only one that finds it difficult sometimes to come up with a great caption for my artwork? How do you come up with a relative caption? Some captions I read have nothing to do with the image I’m looking at and that degrades the image in my eyes. When I see a bad caption it comes across like a cookbook with a horse racing book cover. When you first look at the book you think horse racing but when you open the book you see food. There’s nothing there pertaining to the initial content and it misleads the viewer/ reader.
How much thought do you put into your caption?
What’s your process for making your image caption?
What tips do you know to help the creative process of making a great caption?
34020714643_6acdcf1e28_c.jpg

★★caption★★
blood forest

★★camera settings★★
85mm f2 250 iso 100
www.clippix.co.uk

Sometimes a literal description is best, especially if you want to avoid the fruitbat unrelated captions. Something like 'Girl in white against red flowers'.

Pink shoes. It is a bit of a shame her left foot seems to be coming off her shoe.

Am I the only one that finds it difficult sometimes to come up with a great caption for my artwork? How do you come up with a relative caption? Some captions I read have nothing to do with the image I’m looking at and that degrades the image in my eyes. When I see a bad caption it comes across like a cookbook with a horse racing book cover. When you first look at the book you think horse racing but when you open the book you see food. There’s nothing there pertaining to the initial content and it misleads the viewer/ reader.
How much thought do you put into your caption?
What’s your process for making your image caption?
What tips do you know to help the creative process of making a great caption?
34020714643_6acdcf1e28_c.jpg

★★caption★★
blood forest

★★camera settings★★
85mm f2 250 iso 100
www.clippix.co.uk

don't rely on everyone having your brain and intelligence/life experience
for the shot above for instance my title would have been
wherefore art though romeo
because i like shakespeare
or
waiting for a trunk call...because i am a fool

the title should be to energise the viewer to connect all the elements in the shot to explain why you would have this model in this setting...
unless you are a kinky thinker...

some more examples

remember me
bus stop

dont mention woods or flowers as they take up too much of the shot
dont mention black or white as they are racist terms

one great author was approached by a budding author who wished to give his 10,000 page tome a good title and asked the sage
could you read this and give me a good title
replying...aghast that he should have to read this mega piece of possible failure said

in your story are there any mention of trumpets or guns
no sir
well call it no trumpets, no guns

its all in the mind

Last edited:
Back