Captions: fast back to the 1950s?

Edit My Images
No
There was a time when people felt it necessary to give pictures titles.

Most of the titles were rather pompous, after the fashion of titles given to paintings. This started to die out in the 1960s and pictures begam to be described in terms of Kipling's "six honest serving men": What, Why, When, How, Where and Who.

I wonder why there's been a rash of pictures posted here recently with titles that seem to me to be both silly and misleading?

There was a time when people felt it necessary to give pictures titles.

Most of the titles were rather pompous, after the fashion of titles given to paintings. This started to die out in the 1960s and pictures begam to be described in terms of Kipling's "six honest serving men": What, Why, When, How, Where and Who.

I wonder why there's been a rash of pictures posted here recently with titles that seem to me to be both silly and misleading?
You've got too much time on your hands!

You know we are going to be checking now to see who has christened their photos. :p

You know we are going to be checking now to see who has christened their photos. :p
In the interests of clarity and objectivity, honest captions are excluded from my complaint, ;)

Back