Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

Very nice candid street style capture Malc, with some nice gutsy high contrast PP.

"I guess the name of that place is self explanatory" ;);)
That was at 12800 ISO, George. The front wall of the 'building' was coated in frosted glass and lit with a UV effect, so very difficult...

View attachment 346068
I stopped on Brick Lane at lights and noticed this dapper looking chap outside Hunky Dory vintage clothes shop. I asked if i could take his picture and he was quite happy to oblige.

Very nice candid street style capture Dean.

"Brick Lane is a place that's on my list of places to visit this year for street photography"

Very nice candid street style capture Dean.

"Brick Lane is a place that's on my list of places to visit this year for street photography"
Thanks. Can be hectic in the area but great for street photography. I popped that pic on Google Maps and it's had over 400k views in 4 months

Cab shelter on Kensington Road

Attachments

• IMG_20220101_225500_070.jpg
    IMG_20220101_225500_070.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
"Excellent" low light candid street style capture Malc, really liking the high contrast starkness of the presentation and the way then light form the girls cell phone highlights her face.
Many thanks indeed for the comment, George - appreciate it.
I think the light illuminating her face is more from the strip-light on the ground, as I waited for her to get to the right point before clicking.

Many thanks indeed for the comment, George - appreciate it.
I think the light illuminating her face is more from the strip-light on the ground, as I waited for her to get to the right point before clicking.

Actually Malc looking at the capture again you're certainly correct on that one, because the light is also on her hands which are obviously on the back of the cell phone.

I stopped on Brick Lane at lights and noticed this dapper looking chap outside Hunky Dory vintage clothes shop. I asked if i could take his picture and he was quite happy to oblige.

By total coincidence I took a photo of exactly the same shop yesterday afternoon, for upload in a couple of days. There was a stall or two in front of it when I was there, so yours shows it off better. And an interesting subject as well. Nice job.

That‘s very good. You’ve captured a great expression.
Is she holding back a smile, is she sad or is she pitying you?
Touch of the Leonardo here.

That‘s very good. You’ve captured a great expression.
Is she holding back a smile, is she sad or is she pitying you?
Touch of the Leonardo here.
Probably pitying me Peter!
I saw the beret and asked her if I could take her photograph but initially she was very skeptical, but after reassuring her she agreed and the smile just broke through. :)

Back